System Photos!

Just replaced the stock feet on my Rega RP10 TT with Isoacoustics Orea Bronze (x2) and Graphite (x1). Used some plastic shim stock for leveling and worked great.

This was motivated by some vibration felt at the wall shelf and TT plinth when cranking the volume. Will report back later tonight after some testing.

EDIT (10/5/20): Did some basic testing and found my sub-woofer acoustic feedback is still an issue. Plan to add either a notch filter or roll off below ~ 20Hz in the sub app to cure what I believe is sub-sonic rumble from the sub-woofer to the TT. Initial impressions are still favorable regarding general SQ improvements so consider this a worthwhile upgrade despite not curing my very low frequency feedback issue.

14 Likes

Isoacoustics makes a great product!

1 Like

Pretty!

1 Like

I’ve done the same on my Planar 3, made a huge difference, very worthwhile for a relatively small cost.

1 Like

Glad you had such great results can’t wait to listen and evaluate this evening.

1 Like

I’d be very interested to hear your findings, see if they compare to mine.

I did the same under my turntable and it surprised me how much more improvement I can hear from this turntable!! I also had to raise the motor since it is a stand alone motor, with a steel plate which also helped with the lead damped motor. The whole turntable is sitting on 3" thick stone platforms which also helped with the damping. Overall result is a extremely transparent sound that reveals just about everything that is in the record groove!! Extremely musical sound!!

7 Likes

Nice pictures. @kcleveland @waymanchen11

2 Likes

The addition of the ISOAcoustics feet was one of the most impactful improvements to SQ I’ve made actually, it was a real eye opener.

I got them primarily to reduce footfall sounds as the floors are quite pliable in my house and I was getting noise transferred when moving around.

These completely irradicated any footfall, but made significant improvements elsewhere which I wasn’t prepared for. A significant tightening of the lower end was the main thing I found.

7 Likes

I got the same results with them under my turntable, I can walk across the floor now without any hiccups.

2 Likes

Fitted IsoAcoustics feet (3 x Graphite) to my P10, and enjoyed tighter more open soundstage, and firmer deeper bass.
Better sense of ‘groove’ to the sound too.

Nipper likes ‘em!

7 Likes

I drool over that deck, it’s just a work or genius!

1 Like

8 Likes

NOTE: My RP10 has two “heavy” corners and one much lighter corner (front, right). Would imagine the P10 is similar. So, I used (2) Bronze isolation feet (front, left and back, middle) and (1) graphite (front, right). The Bronze are rated nominally at 8 pounds and the Graphite at 4 pounds. YMMV and all that.

1 Like

Since there’s been a plethora of isolation device posts, I thought I’d toss mine into the ring. I got these Black Diamond Racing carbon fiber pucks (and motor platform) for my Scout very shortly after getting the turntable itself, 16 or 17 years ago. Nothing fancy in the way of internal mechanical isolation or elastomers - just the pucks themselves. The shelf sits on a concrete floor, so I didn’t have any footfall issues to deal with - just airborne vibrations, and while I’ll admit these don’t look as sexy as the IsoAcoustics feet, they took care of those problems for me.

6 Likes

Hadn’t even thought about that! :slight_smile:

For me, I Just took the overall weight of the P10 turntable and compared that to the Iso Graphite footers in their “sweet spot” of performance envelope, Divided by 3 to match the number of feet on the deck…according to the graph on the Isoacoustics website.

Turned out 3 of the Graphites were pretty much spot on to the weight of the P10.
The deck’s heaviest element, the Ceramic platter, spreads its weight kinda across its 3 feet: not one in particular, - so that factored in my choice too.

Happy with the sound, which is what matters. :+1:

1 Like

Glad you’re happy with the performance of the Iso footers on the P10. My RP10 has a large, heavy motor in the back, left corner so it really biases the weight toward the left and back. The Iso Bronze also works well right around 6 pounds so I figured this would work well and so far so great.

The Graphite is very slightly shorter than the Bronze so needed to install a couple of 0.030" plastic shims for leveling. My wife has a really neat circle cutter so made these shims perfectly round. I also placed (3) of Herbie’s Audio “Grunge Busters” pads (2.5" diameter) under the Iso pucks and on top of the shims. Looks pretty professional if I say so myself.

I replaced the stock feet on my Rega P5 with BDR conical feet and the same pucks you show. They worked great for me as well.

1 Like

My wife likes to find T-Shirts and make wall art out of them, she puts them on art canvas frames with a little insulation behind them for some sound absorption.

18 Likes

That’s a great idea with the T-shirts.

Also, never heard of Watkins Loudspeakers before. I am assuming those are the WE-1? How do they sound compared to todays offerings?

1 Like