System Photos!

LOL, I have M700s driving a pair of Dynaudio Contours which perform at 84 to 85 dB and I still love the M700s despite rave reviews of the M1200. :smile:

I think it must be the satisfaction of improving SQ by your self.

For me, or somebody who likes listening to music without so much hardware it raises the question:

Are there no DACs out there that provide you the SQ you desire without all those separate boxes and cables?
Looking at the plethora of extra boxes and cables those must have cost together with the DSD what a dCS or Esoteric costs.

2 Likes

If you are happy with the SQ, then wonderful! If you’re having a second thought, welcome on board. LOL

1 Like

I’m not that smart so what kind of equipment do we see here?

Interesting orientation. While I admire the “I might as well make the mess accessible” approach, I can only assume none of those boxes requires either fiddling with knobs or buttons on their face, or access by remote control.

2 Likes

Granted, my digital front end is far from the best, though it’s nothing to sneeze at either for the amount of SQ I get from it. That said, all of those random boxes and cables does seem a bit excessive to say the least, and can be a bit problematic if any issues arise in that signal chain.

Please note, I am not poking fun or anything like that. I’m sure it performs great. Just that I (like others here) think the same could probably be achieved for around the same cost with a one box solution.

WATChad… Maybe I missed it, but have you posted a picture of the rest of your system? I would love to see it if you haven’t, as I’m sure others would as well.

20 Likes

Four of those boxes are LPSs, then Roon core, etherRegen, matrix, and one is powering my analog board on the DAC. I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole of external clocks and optical rendu…

1 Like

That’s a wonderful, cozy room. And it looks like quad REL subs. Very nice.

What DAC are you using, and what is the “Matrix” you speak of?

1 Like

Thanks, sir.

PSA DSD I2S from Matrix SPDIF 2. One of the biggest topics in this community for sure.

1 Like

I also have Dynaudio Confidence 5s with the M700s and they sound the best ever on this Audio journey. Not ready to jump to the M1200 for a while.

1 Like

upgrade,first watt f6 diy. First listen. 25w is more than enough :grinning:

23 Likes

What’s with the dual Fluke meters?

checking that the bias is holding. At 500mv

2 Likes

Is this an issue?

All equipment I have/had hold bias and require rare adjustment.

no its not an issue,it ́s the first startup and listening. i am just fine tuning it.

2 Likes

Whew

1 Like

I love the Confidence series from all generations. What speaker cables are you using with them?

I am using Transparent Audio Reference XL older ones with the rectangular boxes. They were set it up for Mark Levinson 380s pre and 432 amp. Works well for M700s.

2 Likes

That’s a sexy build :+1: Love the dual transformers in the PS.

1 Like