System Photos!

Started building a second “bedroom” system. Madisound kit speaker with very high quality single driver Fostex components. Using an El cheapo class D amp until my Bottlehead Stereomour 2 kit arrives. Even with that crappy amp the speakers are very impressive especially considering the kit costs under $700. Love building things in general and audio kits are much more fun. Will report back when the SET amp kit is done. Can’t wait!

23 Likes

Nice speakers! On a related note, I’ve got some speakers incoming, so in preparation for building the stands, I built a tenon jig and practiced making a castle joint. Not perfect, but happy with the first try.

This is just some scrap pine. Stands will be made from 2-inch-thick maple.

Tenon jig slips over the adjustable fence on my table saw. Clamp holds down the stock being cut. Works great.

23 Likes

terzinator Are you taking orders? Just gorgeous!!!

1 Like

haha, too nervewracking.

Mistakes are my business!

2 Likes

Nice. So the piece to be cut sits vertically? Do you have dado blades in your table saw? How is that final notch made? Looks like a fun jig to have.

@terzinator you’re a far more skilled woodworker than I am. The Madisound kits are all pre-cut on a CNC machine, but gluing all those internal pieces does require patience and a whole lotta clamps! I used almost an entire 16 oz. bottle of Titebond!

9 Likes

Yep, piece sits vertically, and you just rotate the stock 180 degrees to get two equal cuts. No dado, i just move the fence 1/8" each time for the width of the blade.

Final notch is made without the jig, with the stock pushed through the blade horizontally.

3 Likes

Very cool!

DIY is great…I always had real fun and there were quite some projects, even if speaker casework building was long ago :wink:

Here it’s one of my young friends’ equipment. He is currently building a new listening room.

I’ll probably put up some photos when Rene finishes her new listening room.

15 Likes

That joinery reminds me of a bed being marketed on the internet now, at least on Facebook. I can’t recall the name right now, but their three-way joint of post, side rail and head/foot rail is a lot like that.

Davida, Are you from the caribbean? If so which Island?

I have enjoyed the Caribbean beaches, but am a mainlander.

It is being built…updated

11 Likes

look at those TRAPS!

3 Likes

27 Likes

Nice looking room…What amplifiers are you using ?

My old Quadral Volcano has come out to my friend Bent. Finally finished after a long time of work - sanding putty many times, new base with adjustable legs, crossover screwed back on, primed and painted gray. New fabric on the frame and 4 men to lug it on the ceiling …

With the famous TL bass and a surprisingly large sound from them :joy::crazy_face:

11 Likes

Thank you. BHk250, soon to grab mono 300s once a deal presents itself and I’m able to move my 250

4 Likes

Nice speakers/room!

Enjoy.

1 Like