System Photos!

The Revel’s look great in your room! The CLX’s are bipolar as you already probably know. In the room with glass and hard surfaces you will probably get better performance from the Revel’s. The CLX also needs good distance from the walls. I’m not trying to talk you out of them they are fantastic but they need a lot in terms of setup.

1 Like

It is a voice center. I’m abandoning the CLX idea based partially on the responses here. My new hairbrained scheme is to get Herbie’s Giant Gliders and work on speaker placement. They are where they are now because with the spikes they’re a pain to move. Sounds like the gliders will make it easy and provide some degree of isolation. I’m interested in the Isoacoustics Gaia, but my speaker weight requires the Gaia 1, which are not cheap.

In the Stereophile review of the Gaia’s he used the Salon II for the review. You should check out the review since your Speakers are probably of a similar design.

1 Like

25 Likes

Current setup (hopefully upgrading with new DAC and transport in the next couple of months)

26 Likes

Monitor Audio are a good match for M700 and M1200 :+1:t2:

Agreed! I drove mine with the 700s for a long while and loved it!

2 Likes

Therapy… ?
Just saying… :wink:

2 Likes

This is basically all for listening to Roon through the DSD:

18 Likes

That’s dedication!

2 Likes

As they say about.vinyl…it’s all about inconvenience and expense :wink:

Well digital is still plug & play…you just have to plug a few more devices and know the sequence :wink:

7 Likes

Was it planned or did it creep up behind you?

2 Likes

Hahaha…it snuck up on me slowly. It seemed more reasonable until I put it all on the same shelf.

3 Likes

Next you need to add a bit of fibre optic cable somewhere.

1 Like

Even if you just drape it over/lay it across the top of the various boxes, just for effect…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jeebus. Do you have a photo from the front?

I think that is the front!

4 Likes

Nope. I have a nice piece of wood on top. A jukebox on top of the nice wood…they are meant to be out of sight now. I’ll post a pic tomorrow. One of those LPS’s feeds my analog board on the DAC, which isn’t even pictured. Two new boxes were added last week that may or may not stay (etherRegen and another PS). There’s also a P3 there regerating.

Using a LPS for both roon core and etherRegen is thought to be a little excessive…but nothing exceeds like excess. :wink:

I’ve got some critical listening to do, then might pull back a bit if warranted. It will be particularly interesting to compare sources from the PST to something of equal or greater quality from Qobuz.

no worries, just curious what the chain looks like!

I don’t have much experience with different amp and speaker pairing but there is something about the sound with the MAs and 700s that just seems right. Please don’t tell me how much better the 1200s would be!!