System Photos!

Have your vax card, apparently required for admission.

Yes thats true and makes me feel more comfortable I usually work the show for my friends store but not this year I want to enjoy it this time

1 Like

Been playing with speaker/sub placement a lot more lately, as well as crossover and gain settings on the subs. The speakers front baffles are now just over 6 feet from the front wall, the subs are about an additional 8 inches further out than in these pictures. Tweaking width spacing and toe in about 1/4 inch intervals, this system is finally creating an extremely realistic, holographic sound stage with great depth, width and pretty decent height. With the right recordings, the speakers completely disappear as well as the subs.

I’m really enjoying the system in this new, larger room/house.

19 Likes

I see the cat is a near field listener.

5 Likes

Congratulations on your new speakers. It was great to meet you and your lovely family in Denmark. Hope to see you again soon

2 Likes

I enjoyed meeting you too. Thanks for the time and driving out to meet us. It is good to be able to see the person behind the posts. The Buchardt S400 Signature Edition sound and look wonderful. We do not regret the purchase.

Hope to meet one day again.

4 Likes

LOL

9 Likes

Sold my BHK 250 and got a set of BHK 300 mono blocks. New rack coming soon. Also, it’s not normally that far out. Still connecting everything and gonna add some Synergistic Research Orange fuses tonight. :grin:

21 Likes

My observation causes me to believe you would dearly love to have more space, no? Or do you just have everything crammed into a corner for now? :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

I had those Diablo Utopia Evo speakers at home for a week and they are fabulous for a small space, with remarkable bass given their size. Although they are very popular, and my dealer has the Maestro at this home, they were a bit too much of an assault for me. Just a matter of taste. He did tell me they benefit from lots of power, so your amp upgrade should pay off.

1 Like

They look like Sopra 1 to me.

Here’s a Sopra 2:

7 Likes

… Nice Scotch collection!

Oh, and your gear looks fantastic too!

1 Like

What do my wondering eyes should appear but a 25 yr. old Macallan in th wooden box (far left) ?

1 Like

I stand corrected.

I was wondering what the Rega box is on top of the Stellar phono.

1 Like

That’s what I call maximizing space!

3 Likes

I would LOVE to have more space. Living in DC that’s not an option. At least for now. So I enjoy the best nearfield experience one could possibly have.

4 Likes

Thanks! They are Sopra 1s. Love them!

Thanks! One of my other vices. :joy:

1 Like

VERY nice!!!

1 Like

Not quite… Glenlevit 25.