System Photos!

Nice stormtroopers @vkennedy61!

2 Likes

That Lagavulin may be causing some detrimental near field reflections. I’d be happy to take care of that for you. :tumbler_glass: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s the speed controller for the Rega P10.

:rofl::rofl: it’s definitely one of my favorites

Another benefit of the Sopra is the matching Center. TV and Movies sound fantastic! It’s difficult to watch TV without this amazing soundstage.

1 Like

What are the dimensions of the Sopra Center Ch. spkr.

does this help you?

High-end Center Loudspeaker Sopra Center - Focal | Focal

1 Like

Have been visiting a friend - DYNAUDIO Ht m.m.

8 Likes

I completely agree. After all, that is the base of my current 5.2 setup Sopra no. 2 + Sopra CC. But, my surrounds are paradigm dr-7 loudspeakers. I’ve been thinking about upgrading them to Sopra no. 1s for a while now. I think I need to start monitoring the used market for some. :grinning:

1 Like

Nice! I bet it’s sounding amazing! Also, I see that bike poking its head in the pic :grin:

1 Like

Yes and Thanks!

I fall in love with it more every day! Yup! My Trek Domane. You ride?

1 Like

Nice set up. Love the Focals.

2 Likes

Thanks!

"Infinity Reference Standard, IRS Series V - 1998 / no. 58 of a total of 58 sets IRS worldwide since 1980, and one of only 5 with gloss lacquer. Design & construction, as well as total restoration and upgrading in 2015 by the designer personally, nuclear physicist Arnie Nudell (1937-2017), founder of Infinity in 1968 together with John Ulrick and Cary Christie. This set is ONE OF A KIND WORLDWIDE!
Photographer, artist, high-end enthusiast and music lover Dag Alveng pictured under the canvas with his unique camera in large format. Ultimate high end Hi-Fi is one of Dag Alveng’s future photography art projects.
Thanks to Infinity IRS Series V owner Arild Kåreid who welcomed Dag and me. What a weekend! Worth driving close to 100 miles in total for this experience! Extra fun for me as a former Infinity importer in the 80’s.
Technology; bass tower with 6 x 12 “power steering Infinity bass elements with a total of 2,500 Watt power on each side (!), divided into 2 x 600 Watt monoblocks behind each bass tower. 2 x 250 Watt McIntosh monoblocks on each side for midrange / treble towers with aerodynamic design similar to Boeing aircraft (Arnie Nudell was the central designer for Boeing’s passenger and fighter aircraft before co-founding Infinity in 1968) and 12 Infinity EMIM planar midrange units and 36 Infinity EMIT planar treble on each (!) left and right sides (front and rear). McIntosh tube preamplifier Signal sources Michel Engineering turntable with Van den Hul Goldbug MS Breier Limited Edition pick up, Wadia 861 CD player and Naim streamer.
The IRS was not really meant for sale, but as a reference for other Infinity models and an experiment on how perfectly they could make a speaker in terms of natural sound reproduction, Hi-Fi = High Fidelity = high credibility.”

Google translation from norwegian.Ps this is not my post
post of Jan Stangeby Nielsen

14 Likes

Is it possible that there’s a huge amount of bass in that room (at least at a certain frequency) ? :wink:

There are many things that are possible … It has been an expensive process to get those speakers to Norway. Then you have to invest in new equipment. The latter is mostly always space preparations … that’s probably the next step. PS we have very high taxes tax on luxury equipment.

I Glenlevit a kosher version of Glenlivet?

3 Likes

Very nice and clean setup with Primare and Dynaudio! I had a Primare BD32 Multiplayer some years ago , very good sounding and amazing build quality, and I always regret that I sold it.

2 Likes

Nice! I do. Try to get in the saddle everyday! The two things most guests say when they come to my house, “do you really need all of those bikes, and why do you have so much stereo gear?”

10 Likes