System Photos!

Just installed the Rega Aura phono pre so can’t wait to start spinning vinyl. Waiting for my wife to finish work to get some serious listening done. Will report back with first impressions. Very excited. This thing is substantial. With packing about 55lbs. !

21 Likes

Beautiful room. Love the new Harbeth colour.

3 Likes

Is that paired with a P10 or P8?

1 Like

I believe it’s an RP10 Turntable / Aphelion2 cartridge.

5 Likes

I’ve owned a couple of Rega CD Players and DACS over the years, great company and products. Bet the phono pre is great.

3 Likes

First proper evaluation today with some of the greatest early recordings by Rudy Van Gelder. Love these BN Tone Poet releases. Sounds like the band is in the room. Rega Aura a huge success so far!

5 Likes

@Dirk is correct. I modded my RP10 into skeleton configuration with a P10 dust cover and Isoacoustics custom feet. Sounds great but will probably always wonder about the actual P10 and the Naiad of course. $40k for a TT? Chicken feed!

3 Likes

Yes the Tone Poets are special, and more than likely partially resulted in the demise of Music Matters.

1 Like

RE: Rega Aura Phono Pre. I am in love. Not sure how those magicians managed balancing that super fine line between detailed and too “exciting” but this thing nails that better than I’ve ever heard. Explosive without being tiresome. The quality of the bass is so stupidly perfect I didn’t know what I was missing. The endlessly “fun hobby” continues. Bank account be dammed.

4 Likes

Great news, Kurt… Yes, Rega Aura is very special!!

2 Likes

Worth. Every. Penny.

2 Likes

21 Likes

What’s up with the idle Isopucks?

I own the RP8 and the P10 (not the RP10) In my opinion, key differences are in the tonearm which is shared with RP10, feet which you have modified, and belt, which you have upgraded. The Apehlion cartridge is so good, it puts your TT in a different category. Well done!

2 Likes

Further vinyl spinning last night with the new Rega Aura phono stage. Not sure if “slow burn” is the right phrase but this piece of gear takes some time to fully appreciate. Every record spun sounded better in every way which does sound like hyperbole. So far “all gains and no losses” in terms of sound quality which is also very subjective, I realize. No regrets at all.

5 Likes

Kurt, my Rega Aura phono is a few years old and well ‘burned-in’. Rega Aura is powered up 24/7 but when I do have to switch it off for holidays, etc, it takes about 7 days to fully bloom.!

4 Likes

simple answer is to never ever leave the house :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have my system on UPS so it is always on, prolongs component life: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9FYHVJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Excellent! Good device!
My system (all components) permanently powered - I only power the system down once or twice a year… Also a good time to clean all electrical/signal connections.

3 Likes

As a hard-core audiophile I should be admiring the gear, but instead find myself stifling a giggle at kitty mesmerized by an image of a … mouse hole? Wry humor for cat lovers everywhere. I’ll admit I’m smitten by our furry friends.

3 Likes