The long wait is over: The new Bridge II Code is live! (currently on hold pending a bug fix) v3.6.2

Hi Jeremy,

Just to be clear, you want me to format an SD card, place it in the DSD as usual, but blank, and cycle the DSD off and on?

I get all of the album art without fail on my ipad, running the Mconnect apps. It just doesn’t show up on the DSD screen as it did with the 3.3.3 Bridge update.

Thanks,

John

Hi John_Dubya,

The request is a humble request on my part per our procedure.
Clearly if this does not solve the issue it is important to know.
Sorry if this is inconvenient.
It makes your case a better one for me to present to the engineering team as I can say that we followed all procedures and the artwork still does not show on the DAC.

Thanks,

• Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy

I understand, and will try that tonight. For now, it’s baseball.

Will get back to you tomorrow.

-John

No art on anything.

Just to clarify what Jeremy said (and not leave anything assumed), to get cover art from the Bridge you need an SD card in the DS. Some folks leave in the SD card they use to update the firmware, which generally is OK. But, best practice is to use a blank SD card for cover art, that eliminates the chance of the firmware reloading after a power cycle (even though that is NOT supposed to happen).

I’ve used MControl for iOS as per badbeeef’s suggestion to access the DS via the Device Setup menu in MControl. Indeed, it recognises the DS, its LAN IP and MAC adresses, and also sees the current Bridge firmware as v3.5.1. However, it shows the following message at the bottom of the screen: ‘Firmware update serve is not available’. Which leads me to believe that, although my network is stable, accesses the Internet and runs Tidal with and without Roon seamlessly, it somehow cannot see or connect to the relevant PS Audio server to find and download the 3.6.2 update - which would be the same reason why the DS sees the current 3.5.1 as up to date. Thoughts, anyone?

That is exactly what was happening to me. Click on the IP settings and MConnectControl And make sure it has a DNS server listed. Once you do that, everything will start working.

1 Like

Anyone else having the issue with the stuck “MQA” badge in Tidal with the new BridgeII firmware update? Once I play an MQA file in Tidal, that badge/label at the top perists indefinelty, even if I play a non-MQA track or switch over to Qobuz which doesn’t even offer MQA playback.

Me too. It’s rarely seen now.

Jeremy, I did this test, formatted the SD card in windows 10 (FAT32), turned off the DS, I jumped the SD, I turned on the DS and the problem persists.

Without art after a few songs, the time bar zeroed and as reported by another colleague above when playing some MQA file from the mine playlist the screen “freezes” displaying MQA.

Cover art seems fine, so far, in my case. I updated on Day 1 and have not noted any cover art (or other) issues with JRMC and JRemote or with Roon/Tidal. [DS Sr. with latest DS and Bridge II software] FWIW.

Oops! I spoke to soon. As soon as I posted I switched from Roon to JRemote and, Poof! No more cover art.

Hard to say what would be different in our setups and why different versions of firmware do or don’t properly display cover art on mine and others systems.

I’m sticking with putting the blame on the new firmware. Willing to troubleshoot some but my system has, for the vast majority of the 5 years I’ve owned Bridge I and Bridge II, displayed cover art correctly 90+% of the time. Not with 3.6.2!

My Bridge showed 1 cover then art disappeared and hasn’t come back.

That’s been the pattern.

Zero cover art here too. Used to work, sort of. I leave the display off most of the time anyway.

Cover art seems to work for me well after a cold boot, then just decides to stop working. That said - I’m more curious if anyone can still use the remote control to skip tracks using roon with this new firmware? I didn’t think the bridge firmware controlled this, however both of my remotes were working previous to this upgrade and now neither will skip forward a track or back. I know the release prior to redcloud caused my buttons to swap, but with the new bridge II firmware they just plain don’t work. Any one else having this issue?

As it turns out, the DNS was listed, but the default gateway was showing as 0.0.0.0 - once I replaced this with the correct setting and applied, the Bridge II reset, and the update prompt popped up. Thanks for the help!

Hi Jeremy,

I did as you asked, but still no album art. Everything else works as it should.

Thanks,

John

Hi juniorbudel,

Yikes! This is absolutely not supposed to happen. Sorry!
Please reach out to me at service@psaudio.com so we can get that serial number.

As well, since the unit has frozen my best advice for now would be to reset the unit.
Switch it off with the rear switch and while holding the blue logo button, switch it back on and then press the menu button.
This will delete the EPROM and reset the unit.

Thanks,

• Jeremy