The next DirectStream update?

Paul…what exactly do you listen to for 30 builds? I assume it is the same across all?? Curious as I would like to see if I have it when I compare RC to uh…what’s it called??? :slight_smile:

See Paul’s post at 511 above.

Not be confused with post 512. Which is I admit is a bit creepy. But we are heading towards Halloween so I consider it appropriate.

Hmm no. I understand the process. However my guess is that he has a track he listens to across all 30 to determine which is good or bad. Wondered also if Darren listened to the same track or not as well. And. Usually the mountain top has leaked by now - but I have yet to see it.

Hmmm… Based upon the lofty descriptions so far, could it be Everest? LOL.

You guys have got lots of peaks to choose from inside the US - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_highest_major_summits_of_the_United_States
Perhaps if we are looking at an international peak then we can find a suitable one if Australia. No wait, scrap that. This joint is as flat as a billiard table: table.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountains_in_Australia#Highest_points_by_state_and_territory

If tradition holds, and I expect it will, the next firmware will again will wear the name of a Colorado fourteener .

Twas a joke,

Yes, but yours was not the only comment. :slight_smile:

Twas a running joke then.

Whatever.

Accurate information is always good.

1 Like

So is having a sense of what constitutes a joke.

3 Likes

Scumbag is correct that my comment was intended as a joke. Obviously it will not be in the Himalayas.

I have thought about starting a thread with a betting pool on what the name of the next mountain is going to be. But I figured that this might upset somebody. So I have resisted the temptation.

1 Like

Might upset someone if you do that.
Must.
Limit.
Humour.

1 Like

Such a thread exists already (sort of):

2 Likes

I am deeply sorry I failed to respond to the humor in a socially responsible, sensitive way. I regret the considerable damage I have done to this thread and the community as a whole. (imagine penitent emoticon here).

3 Likes

When Paul has run out of Fourteeners (or maybe for another product line), I’d recommend he launches the Aconcagua peak firmware. Exotic and just about 1 km shorter than the Everest :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly somebody even made ‘audiophile’ component racks named that.

1 Like

Excellent idea. It is also a wonderful word.

Going to try it on December 11th wish me luck!

2 Likes

Excellent!

Best of luck! Be safe.

1 Like