Tidal & MQA

I just purchased TIDAL a few months back and using it for streaming music in my music room and also streaming music in my office. I have the desktop version in my office and iPAD version in my music room. I have a few questions:

1. In the desktop when you subscribe to hi res ($19.99), you get access to high res and MQA so it says. However, on the desktop app you need to download/run a new tidal setup exe. I have been running it for 5 minutes with zero effect, just blinking. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what is the solution?
  2. My iPAD app I get TIDAL MASTERS section and that is all I get in that GUI. I have yet to search for specific songs on the MQA list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10VtON9VjMAt3uyHC2-Oo2MjIa3orv9DKZfwiRQKmTAA/edit#gid=945476039
    Does anyone use the iPAD app and can you see the 2000 albums in the GUI?

Are you running Windows or a Mac? I didn’t have do anything special on my Mac to get MQA. I see about 400 MQA albums on my Mac GUI. I don’t see any on my iPad or iPhone since the latest app update. They were there before the update.

I have access to TIDAL MASTERS with about 35 albums. I just did a search on iPAD using the 2,000 album list and found an album (MQA) in iPAD and it played… just can’t see them as a section and the TIDAL MASTERS section is only 35. On my desk top they say download this tidalsetup.exe and run it. When I run the exe, it just stays executing for 5 minutes, then I close it… I have a help into the help service of TIDAL. I love the TIDAL GUI in iPAD, w/ MConnect and it is really easy to use. I would love to have a section on just MQA (all 2,000 albums) instead of carrying a list around. Also, I assume the list will be updated monthly.

Window 10 to answer your question. As far as updating the iPAD III to the latest TIDAL, I did not do that… probably was the reason I can get MQA on my iPAD.

Even at $1.99 for 3 months I don’t think I’ll bother.