Torres final

great update but my problem is I’ve had to go back to Yale as within 10 minuets of listening to Torres on any output it crashes,I’ve had no problems loading before,so a little help please

I had a similar issue with Torreys C beta, which became Torreys Final, and I reported it in the ‘new, new Torreys’ thread. I then tried Torreys Final and still had the crashing issue. I reported it in the Torreys Final thread, as did at least two others.

Ted Smith is aware of the issue and I believe he is trying to find the source of it. In the meantime, another DS owner with the Torreys Final crashing issue posted that he installed the Torreys B beta and that solved the problem. I am testing Torreys B now and it sounds awesome over USB (so far no crashes, though it’s early).

Note: There may be an issue with the Bridge II and Torreys B, but I am not sure as I do not have a Bridge.

Anyhow, if you want to compare Torreys to Yale, grab the Torreys B beta (in the ‘new Torreys’ thread) and see if it works without crashing.

At least the low volume zippering sound found on Tb is related to a FPGA math problem and not a relation with Bridge II if my understanding is correct.

Frode said At least the low volume zippering sound found on Tb is related to a FPGA math problem and not a relation with Bridge II if my understanding is correct.
Does every Tb installation suffer from the zippering sound? I haven't noticed it so far. Is there a way to know for sure if I have it? I cannot run Tc or Tfinal without crashes, so until the crashing issue in Tfinal is solved it's either Tb or Yale. Thanks.

I have not heard it for Tb but I didn’t listen for it either (so it might be present).

I had to hunt for it by listening at settings I do not normally use. I suggest simply trying Torreys B and see how it works for you.

i loaded torres yesterday flawlessly! Am so impressed with marked changes. I don’t use the word improvements as I was happy with the Yale and could have lived with it forever had I not loaded Torreys.

The increase in information, decay on strings, increase in spacial detail and sheer musicality is amazing.

What scares me is; I bought the dac 3 upgrades ago. It sounded better than any dac I had heard in any price range now with Torreys the opposition might as well pack up and try building something else.

Thanks so much guys for creating such an amazing piece of equipment.

artizan,

You may want to load the “Boot Rescue” firmware before loading Torreys C ( Final ).

It is located in the Download Software & Guides section.