Upgrade Kit Vs Direct Stream

Hello Folks,

Is there any sonic /quality differences between DirectStream Upgrade kit and DirectStream?

I know the remote sensor has been enhanced in DirectStream a part from that difference is there any other change?

I have a MK2 with Bridge wanted to know if getting upgrade kit is same as buying the direct stream

Thanks in advance.

The kit is otherwise, as I understand it, the same.

On website it says “Once the PWD’s insides have been removed and replace with the DirectStream kit, your PerfectWave DAC will be nearly identical to a new DirectStream”

Just curious on why it says “nearly” if everything is same, it sound sound same right?

Sorry i am not trying to be smart A** just wanted to make sure i wont have regrets later.

sumerian said On website it says "Once the PWD’s insides have been removed and replace with the DirectStream kit, your PerfectWave DAC will be nearly identical to a new DirectStream"

Just curious on why it says “nearly” if everything is same it sound sound same right? Sorry i am not trying to be smart A** just wanted to make sure i wont have regrets later.

The display is the old one.

sumerian said On website it says "Once the PWD’s insides have been removed and replace with the DirectStream kit, your PerfectWave DAC will be nearly identical to a new DirectStream"

Just curious on why it says “nearly” if everything is same, it sound sound same right?

Sorry i am not trying to be smart A** just wanted to make sure i wont have regrets later.

The sound should be the same. As mentioned one difference will be that the display is a little used but functionally identical. The other physical difference is that a new DirectStream has a better IR receiver (it works reliably over a longer distance.) Then tiny things like the silkscreened DirectStream…