Voltage output with P-10

I have had my voltage out on my P-10 set at 120V since I first plugged it in.

Today, I reduced the voltage out to 117V and I think the sound quality is a little better.

Does anyone have a preferred voltage output?

My personal opinion is:-

If decreasing the voltage also decreases the volts that the P10 has to cut or boost from what it receives from the wall outlet, then it may very well be possible for sound quality to improve - especially if the P10 is being used over half or near max of it’s capacity.

plcomp,

Thanks for the comments. I am only using the P-10 at about 35% capacity.

What do you have yours set at?

Ozzy, my P10 is also being utilized at around 35% (max). Which is the way I prefer it. Plus, I like to set it up in a way that cut/boost is minimised (within reason).

For example: I live in a 230V country. My average wall ouput is 245V. So I set my P10 to 236V.

If my voltage was 220V, I’d have set it to 225V instead of 230, the theoretical “ideal”.

[This is just “me” - not official advice].

plcomp, Thank you for your reply. It seems you are actually increasing the voltage over what is considered standard.

I wonder though, does PS Audio have any recommended settings? At least to start with?

Paul McGowen, Can you add your opinion?

It depends on the equipment but generally I find using the 230 setting is always best. But, as we’ve discussed before, there is a synergy issue we have to always consider - it’s one reason we offer you the ability to choose a different voltage.

Paul,

What do you recommend for 110V-120V ?

Does equipment run cooler with lower voltage?

Not really - not for a few volts anyway.

In the Uk my voltmeter often reads over 240v. I’ve reduced the output setting from 240 to 237 because with Mutiwave of 6 the output voltage is about 6 more volts than if set to Sinewave. I’ve two P10s so can compare their readings - one is displaying the wrong input voltage, often saying 256 volts!. I presume there’s something wrong!.

Sounds that way - if the two meters are that far off. MultiWave will read funny on voltmeters because they don’t know how to deal with the added energy.