We also love cars

Thank you! 07 Shelby. I just broke 4000 miles. A blast to drive. Always wanted to go to a Mecum or Barret auction. Just an old fart vet with a passion for cars and HiFi.

3 Likes

Wow. Just realized one of the first posts on this thread from 2018 was my Z06. Dam. Time flies.

1 Like

I had a red Z06 exactly like yours.

2 Likes

there can never be too much!

Still on the hunt for a 991.2 manual. Soooo many PDK’s out there. Not sure of the percentage sold with 7MT, but I’d guess it’s less than 10%. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s the same with every car. The Ferrari’s bringing in the big dollars (lol that might be the craziest thing I typed) the manual transmission cars are bringing in the big big money.

Of over 2000 produced only 250 manual transmission.

3 Likes

The PDK is a great transmission. I prefer manual and finding a good used manual can be frustrating. I’ve been hunting for a 991.1 or 991.2 coupe for close to a year.

1 Like

My favorite Ford ever produced the 2005 Ford GT with the classic manual trans and a McIntosh head unit. Idk about the stereo sound quality but I’m sure the engine sounds sublime!

5 Likes

Not sure what your color choice is, or if you want an S, but I did happen to drive this one when I was out in Virginia Beach for my kid’s track meet a couple of months ago.

991.1 Carrera in Guards Red. Really nice. About 50K miles, so I think they have it priced a little high, but super nice people and a lovely car.

I would have bought it but I’m just a little obsessed with the .2’s.

1 Like

Thanks. I did see that in the Mart, but I want the extra push of the S. And red is reserved for Italian cars imo.

i hear ya there on the S.

And porsches really look great in silver.

1 Like

I couldn’t resist. :it:

5 Likes

oops, painted my plane Porsche/Guards Red (pic self portrait over Erie 1993, plane built 1989)

which came first, (different reds) Porsche Red or Ferrari Red?

edit: pic shows red darker than actual

5 Likes

Well, it isn’t actually Ferrari Red. It is Rossa Corsa… Italian racing red… for a hundred years now. Also for Alfas and Maseratis and Lancias. Germany is really / was white, until Mercedes came up with the idea of bare aluminium as a weight savings! Hence the Silver Arrows. Not to be confused with British Red Arrows for RAF demonstrator planes of course. Not to be confused with British Racing Green for cars… if not a Scottish national à la Écurie Écosse… Confused yet?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nah! I’d call that coral. Or salmon.

Torch Red was the color but not the deep rich red of the Italian type for sure.

It is less orange and more red in person.

1 Like

Adding those bumber to a countach is blasphemy…

4 Likes

The bumpers and the Countach sold for $484,000 :confounded:

1 Like