We also love hi-end watches

This morning.

7 Likes

Fantastic. Beatiful

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Vintage and not a quickset so I left the date incorrect.

3 Likes

Solid silver case, there is just something about this one that is so engaging which is strange because its pretty boring. Maybe it’s just perfectly boring?

8 Likes

It isn’t boring to me. It’s classic, elegant.

2 Likes

Weekend

7 Likes

I love them. My son has a vintage white dial Explorer whose dial has faded to a perfectly even cream color. It’s gorgeous.

5 Likes

11 Likes

My wife and I both have this, just finished wearing it for a week on a business trip. I cant claim to be an expert on watches but I have owned many dozens and have 20+ (too many) now. The Rolex stainless sport watched on the Oyster bracelet are literally the most comfortable and natural feeling watches I have ever worn.

I would love to be able to get two more to give to my boys at some upcoming milestone events. Please see my sale in the marketplace to help fund that! :wink:

For a traveler, I think this is a perfect choice.

Cheers,

2 Likes

I’ve been pondering a Globemaster. I most likely will put either a titanium or steel bracelet on it (whichever is a better color match) with a deployment clasp.

6 Likes

duplicate post

This was my most expensive watch:

Since I had to buy the matching car to get the watch (or vice versa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Then this became my most expensive watch:

Since I had to race that car that came attached to the prior watch to win the championship trophy (the watch)

5 Likes

Very nice. And does that mean you raced your GT3 and took first?!?

2 Likes

The GT3 Cup watch came with my 997 GrandAm GT3 (it was a factory modified GT3 which made it part Cup part RSR) and were made for IMSA series (24 hrs, etc).

I successfully raced it in 2015 to become the Champion that year on the GT3 Cup Trophy. The sponsor was BRM thus the trophy watch! Won many other individual races on it!

I moved to 997 GT3R (new), then to 991 GT3R (Pfaff’s championship car in 2019) and then to R8 LMS GT3

3 Likes

Yow! Just curious, ever check your heart rate while you’re racing?

1 Like

as a matter of fact I have. My garmin was going crazy. Interesting to see that it is way higher first lap and then drops except for " battle"! My physician brothers are not thrilled that I hit over 190 (per garmin). My resting is high 50’s

Temperature inside the modern cars is pretty brutal. The roll cage bars on the R8 get over 110F from heat transfer from the engine compartment. Thus the most recent ones have air conditioners. I use cool shirts (basically a cooler or chiller circulating very cold water on a shirt with sewn tubes). It helps control core temps.

2 Likes

Back in the early 1970’s when I used to race my 1967 911 (short wheelbase as I’m sure you know), my heart felt like it would leap out of my chest. I kept asking the car why she was trying to kill me.
I got (kind of) good but never a physical trophy. Lots of emotional ones, though.

I got my share of “first loser” positions though.

2 Likes

Not a car one can drive on a track without experiencing fear.

1 Like