What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

Great songs, well played…just plain musical…

This here should be interesting for every Dan-head at least.

Fred Kaplan is great here and Fagen interesting, Chad sees some limits but is nice as always.

2 Likes
1 Like

Might be the best recording I’ve heard via YouTube, especially the first recording from the R2R.

CBS Sunday Morning

3 Likes

CBS Sunday Morning

2 Likes

This combo was WONDERFUL at AXPONA!!

Wet Leg at Glastonbury 2022 performing Chaise Lounge
That teen at heart, @aangen, recommended this group to me lol. I also got a kick out of their interview video with Sir Elton.

5 Likes

Nice when the crowd knows the words🤘🏼

1 Like

This seems like it will be an interesting journey.

Song just flat out rocks

1 Like
2 Likes

Not exactly “listening to”, as in a music video. Just another fascinating bit of “behind the scenes” magic.

3 Likes

Fun!

I know measurements don’t necessarily tell us the whole story, but according to measurements taken by GR Research, these Magepan speakers are a real mess. I’ve read lots of positive reviews on the 3.7’s, and I’ve heard them before, and I thought they sounded great. Apparently measurements don’t mean squat, or Danny is pulling our leg.

I was going to post that same interesting video. :grin:
Danny’s a no BS sort of guy so I trust his methods however maybe the response curves aren’t that important. I am certainly not qualified to say one way or the other.
For all the praise that Maggies get maybe with speakers as well as components the measurements are secondary to the sound?

I understand a lot of products are built to a certain price point, but when Danny pointed out that the midrange panel on the 3.7 wasn’t really necessary, it makes the manufacturer look rather incompetent. Also even with inexpensive crossover parts, you would think they could produce a better response curve. Yet the speakers sound really good IMO. I’m a little bewildered by the total disconnect between objective measurements and the subjectively good sound of the speaker.

1 Like