What are you spinning right now?

Finally found a copy of this box set I could afford. . . John McLaughlin “Montreux Concerts” . . . disc 1

3 Likes

Bought this the day it was released, very nice boxset indeed!

1 Like

I’m a little behind but I’m catching up. When it came out I was less financially nimble.

I remember to pay about €80,- and found it cheap :slightly_smiling_face:
Now on Discogs from €313,- up to €470,-…

Especially like the Mahavshnu, (remember) Shakti and playing with Paco disks.

Seeing waht you’re posting daily i would’nt call that ‘a little behind’ :rofl:

When it was new it was about 200 here. And I didn’t have it. . . was supporting a wife who hard a hard time keeping a permanent job and my listening money went elsewhere. I like John. . . but I like a lot of other artists more. E.g. I bought the Miles Davis at Montreux set when I could instead.

I bought this on ebay for 200 . . . lowest I’ve seen it in a while.

I am behind on getting a few of the sets I would have bought then that are long out of print. Catching up, this was a big one crossed off the list.

1 Like

Today you can find my latest recommendations here, this time a few of Blue Coast Records:

2 Likes

Spectacular remaster of three classic studio albums and one previously maligned live album.

Image result for grateful dead records collection

4 Likes

UK import

3 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

FANTASTIC!

…more meaningless characters to reach the required minimum…

2 Likes

This should not be an issue; the minimum post length is five characters.

It said ‘Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?’. Would not allow the post without more words.

I see why one word responses are good to discourage but it fit the bill with this album, for me.

Bootzilla - where did you get these? There are a few ‘remastered’ GD studio albums offered by different vendors. Reading reviews they seem to be all different. Dead.Net offers a box set of the entire studio suite, but I felt a bit risky to purchase without review. So curious where you got yours.

Interesting. Usually one can post even if the nanny fusses at you. The forum is set to accept five characters as the minimum post size.

The only thing that’s spinning right now is me; I just got my spousal-unit out of ER after a massive bout of sudden-onset amnesia. (Fortunately that 12 month block of time came back after a day, but it was incredibly frightening until then)

Gaaah.

Did Paul release any new products in the meantime?

:slight_smile:

–SSW

Whoa. Sorry to read that. Hope things return to normal.

1 Like

Yikes, that’s scary! Hope they found the cause and can prevent it from reoccurring. Personally have spent many hours the last few weeks in the hospital with my father in law. Didn’t end well …

Available on Qobuz in 24/96

B899A414-6B64-498B-86C7-AC31846BBEA1

and on Tidal in 24/192 MQA

2 Likes