What are you spinning right now?

Late 40s and early 50s recordings. Acoustic and instrumental, most of it original material.

3 Likes

Qobuz 24/96

“The instrument played in this recording was made in 1780 by the Bolognese master Giovanni Antonio Marchi; the bow was made by a member of the Peccatte school and dates from c.1860.”

2 Likes

I continue to be amazed that such old instruments survived over centuries.

I have the red book.
Is the sacd noticeably better?

Not really a big improvement.

Thanks Lonson!
I always ask because I have found that often there is barely minimal improvement.

A great composer of English consort music, although not as inventive as William Lawes

jenkins

1 Like

from the mono CD box set…

3 Likes

Opening track - Telegraph Road

5 Likes

Then recently divorced from Steve Wonder, Syreeta Wright. Lots of Stevie on this one, which he produced.

I guess this is a sampler of sorts

Paul Chambers “Bass on Top” Blue Note Japan SHM-CD

2 Likes

Love this album.

1 Like

Goro Ito and Jacques Morelenbaum “Rendez-Vous in Tokyo”

3 Likes

Bootzilla - how do you feel these Owsley recordings fare against the big label release of the same run? Is it worth the $$$ ??

I own the Owsley Doc Watson live CDs and their fantastic!

2 Likes

One of the greats!

1 Like

@RayK Not sure which “big label release” you mean … the only current releases of which I am aware are the Owsley Stanley Foundation CD and the Owsley Stanley Foundation download (which I purchased in 24/192 FLAC format). There was a CD version twenty-one years ago on Grateful Dead Records. If that is what you are referring to, the new Foundation download version sounds way better.