What are you spinning right now?

I bought the Bill Evans Some other Time on DSD and thought it excellent. I think I have enough Bill Evans in vinyl!

Yes, I’m also a Monk junkey from the beginning of my jazz life!

I also took a snippet listen to the Ella but didn’t think it’s good enough to buy it.

How‘s the sound quality of the Gilels tracks?

Yeah, Some other time is even better, I also have the DSD and the vinyl. In this case the vinyl beats the DSD.

A refreshing take on North Mississippi hill country blues by Cedric Burnside, the grandson of the legendary R.L. Burnside and son of blues drummer Calvin Jackson.

1 Like

This a very large and growing selection of officially released live Grateful Dead material available . . . so much, in fact that it is difficult to keep up with all the new archival releases. I am no Deadologist, but I have heard a lot of live Dead over the past forty years or so, and I have yet to hear a Dead concert I prefer to their August 27, 1972 show at the Old Renaissance Faire Grounds in Veneta, Oregon. The 24/96 sound on the “Sunshine Daydream” Blu-ray version is a massive upgrade from the bootleg I used to have back in the day. If you watch the “Sunshine Daydream” film of that legendary hot Oregon summer day, though, be prepared to see things you cannot un-see!

2 Likes

Two of my favorite things in one: hillbilly music and the blues. What’s not to like? I’ve heard several times that Howlin Wolf took his “howl” from Jimmie Rodgers. I love stories like that.

1 Like

…another bootzilla recommendation. A genius! Little Feat is at the center of everything I love in music. Blues, Country, New Orleans, Jazz, Rock n Roll… Lowell George is in really good voice and the band is tight as hell. Recording/mastering is too compressed but the vocals jump out!

2 Likes

Tried to get this comment in before the software locked me out (for reasons…no one knows). “On Your Way Down” and “Spanish Moon” is the shit!

1 Like

I’ll be returning to this a few more times…I like this record…

2 Likes

Still not sure about where this record stands…sometimes it takes time for me…there is greatness here.

1 Like

Saw the greatess, the groove, in this song in about 1 second.

1 Like

I Need More Time…

1 Like

You are on a roll and I do not want to interrupt … I need to check out several of those albums … keep it going!!

Is there such a thing as a bad live Thelonious Monk album? If so, it does not appear on this ten-CD set. I am streaming it on TIDAL, but the physical discs can be had for an average cost of $3-4 each if one shops around.

Image result for complete columbia live albums collection

2 Likes

Ed’s latest again. Love the guitar solos.

Ed Motta “Criteria of the Senses”

1 Like

L. van Beethoven: Violin Sonata No. 9 in A major, Op. 47 ‘Kreutzer’

1 Like

Sunday morning, brisk fall weather with floating leaves outside my window and hot coffee. Thank you. I really like the style and sound of this piece.

1 Like

Motets and Chansons by Nicolas Gombert

Don’t have to leave my house to go to church on Sunday morning.

2 Likes

This is, IMO, a remarkable disc from the standpoint of recorded sound. Performances are also absolutely top notch.