What’s on for Dinner and Drinks

True. Sorry. Glad I’m not running for office, aside from Biggest Wanker on the PS Audio Forum.

1 Like

don’t forget “fanboy”

And just to be clear, I know, have worked with over decades, and am friends with cops. They are by and large, disgusted rather than turned on.

Sorry - back to grub!

1 Like

let’s not talk about politics, especially on a food topic. It’s hardly a digestive aid

1 Like

Yes - right - sorry.

OMG!!! Fer Sure!!

Did I tell you guys how I sent the Strata beta back?

Coffee roast from this morning. Will leave Origin out of it, in case that evokes ire for anyone:

Beautiful! You have your own roaster and start with green beans?

Yep - a perforated stainless drum (rkdrums.com) that goes on the rotisserie on the grill, but with a 50 rpm motor. Green beans from Sweet Maria’s.

This one is Ethiopia Dry Process Shakiso Hagadhi. These guys’ descriptions put wine reviews to shame: “City to Full City: Complex sweetness, brown rice syrup, chocolate malted grains, notes of stout beer, orange peel, mulling spices & dark chocolate bar.”

Wow. In my coffee roasting days I nearly got banned from the house by Terri because there’s little worse smelling than roasting coffee beans. Reminds me of a burning tire.

But once done, the resulting beans smell lovely.

That’s the beauty of doing it on the grill - year round. Goes right to a big baking sieve on a box fan that cools it and blows the chaff away.

A local shop roasts their beans in house. Lovely coffee, but the place smells wonderful or dreadful depending on the stage of roasting beans.

I have occasionally had neighbors concerned my house was on fire…:man_shrugging:t2:

On the other hand, one time, a couple of hours after doing some roasting, I got into an elevator with a woman who turned to me, eyes wide, and said, “Something smells WONDERFUL!” :cowboy_hat_face:

4 yrs ago, I purchased a Weber grill. Decided to grill a turkey for Thanksgiving. To keep it moist I figured I would bard it by putting multiple layers of bacon over the top surface . Next thing I know, the entire back yard is covered in smoke ( burning fat on the fire), neighbors from the street above called the fire dept and by the time they came on that Thanksgiving day, I had turned off the grill. Fortunately, we had some homemade cookies to give them . Nice to know the response time for the local FDept is very quick. The turkey was totally blackened , but I managed to get dinner back on track.

No dinner yet but working from home does have its advantages. Elysian Space Dust IPA in the appropriate vessel.

4 Likes

I SO dig that glass.

Available direct from Tele web site for $7. Bought with their newly manufactured 12AU7 tubes for the BHK pre.

2 Likes

Sweet

wooooooowwwwwww! gotta have one!

The glass, the ale or both Ron?