Which powercords are you guys using for your P12, P15s or P20s ? thanks!

Been using this Venom-HC on the P20 since I had the 20 amp circuit put in:

https://www.musicdirect.com/black-friday-sales-and-specials/shunyata-venom-hc-power-cable

After a lot of wasted money on others, I was blown away and made much poorer by Shunyata. All their noise reduction cables make an easily noticeable improvement in sound. But from the wall to my P20, the Sigma NR makes a substantial improvement across the range, especially in bass weight and detail.
Also from the P20 to my big ass amp.

@RonP - yeah, not even close to what I hear, especially in the bass. Oh well, guess that is his opinion and you have to respect it… I love the sound of my rig and very, very pleased. I just went Sigmas on my BHK300s and the low end is where I see big improvement. One thing I do love is the detail and micro dynamics. There is zero edge with great detail and very coherent sound stage and for that I am grateful. My ear is so turned off to edgy highs… I have walked out of a room with a hot tweeter…

2 Likes

It’s a puzzzlement: My amp didn’t seem to respond even to an Alpha, but when I plugged it in to the P20 with a Sigma, the improvement was again, startling. Especially in the ballsy bass regions; deep and articulate.

1 Like

I consider all cables and cords a form of tone controls. Some are brighter, some are duller, some are more revealing, some are fuller, some are leaner, and some are a mixture of attributes. I use the cables that balances my particular system to get the most musical sound to my ears. Sometimes I have to mix and match different cables from different manufactures to attain my goal Cables that are more expensive don’t necessary sound better. It’s a matter of synergy. That is why it is best to be able to try the cable in your own system if possible before purchasing.

2 Likes

@RonP - yeah, my Alpha NRs I swapped w/ Sigma NRs yesterday and what a treat. I have a road trip to LA tomorrow till THU and I am bummed out. My wife walked by this morning and stopped as I was listening to the Rippingtons and stuck around loving the tunes and she is not a jazz lover… it is so cool when your rig is to the point where an equipment whore like me is digging deep to think of his next move… I started back to training on my bike. I have nothing left to whore about. My next move is the PF 2.16X fully whored out… next fall… right now I am just listening and grinning…

My system is powered by two P20s, each independently providing AC to the L and R channels. Out of curiosity, I swapped just one of the two AC power chords, first on the R channel (only), to hear whether the Sigma Sigma NR would trump the Audience Au24 SX. Inserting variables into just one channel is a wonderful way to make extremely revealing real-time comparisons using the presence of simultaneous hemispheric “bubbles” of music - the ear/brain is exquisitely sensitive to a variety of aural nuances, especially when presented with comparisons in a side-by-side manner.

As my speakers are powered by Class D amps, the Sigma NR were dedicated to them, to reduce the potential noise pollution going back to the P20. But then again, this could be only a myth as the inductive loads in AC cables behave like a low pass filter, making it nearly impossible for high freq to travel parasitically.

1 Like

In my system, the Shunyata Sigma NR feeding the R channel’s components (via the P-20) is significantly flatter, grayer, less punchier, and harmonically drier than the L channel which is fed by the Audience Au24 SX. Easy to hear, as the soundstage on the L is deeper, wider, of higher resolution, with faster attack/decay, and more liquid. I’m glad to have been using the Audience Au24 SX power cables for my two P20s, and will continue to use the Shunyata Sigma NRs only for my two Von Schweikert Audio VR-55 Aktives.

I have audience SE / SX phono, signal, speaker and power cables for all equipments in two channel system except two subs and P20. I have not yet compared power cables for P20 and your comparison confirms full size Audience power cable can be a good choice for P20, as I suspect it might be; thanks.

1 Like

Currently using 1) Pangea AC9se MkII P5 to wall, 1) Pangea AC9se MkII from P5 to Parasound A21, 1) Pangea AC14 MKII XL from P5 to Wyred4Sound STP Stage 2, 1) Pangea AC14se MkII from P5 to Oppo 205.
Jay Victor designs, affordable great performance.

Personally make my own out of DHlabs PowerPlus 12AWG and Connex Rhodium Connectors. Cost me around $100 to make.

1 Like

Switched from PS Audio AC12s to Kimber Palladians this week. LOVING it so far! AC12s are no slouch though.

Switched from a Shunyata Delta NR to a Sigma NR and I couldn’t be happier. With real speakers it sounds so good!

2 Likes

Did PS Audio use to make a Small AC12 power cable - used to be for the PS Base ? Have My Home theater System sitting above my PS20 and my music system to the right - its a two world keep the family happy type of system

Looking to run this into the HT into the P20 as well and to be honest 1-2M cables just are killing the back of my rack - must be getting older cable don’t like cable mess any more ? Any other suggestions for this size cable ? And No Sigma NR aren’t an option :slight_smile: especially this year

Yes, PS Audio made a .5 meter AC-12. I have a few. They are so thick that they do work from the PowerBase to SOME components, depending where the AC inlet is on the component and how heavy the component is. (I don’t use them that way any longer myself, I only use one PowerBase of the many I have “activated”–the others are just used for component physical isolation.}

1 Like

Lonson just out of curiosity what is the diameter of the ac12?

I don’t have any calipers here. . . I’d say about an inch.

1 Like

Take a look at NRG Custom Cables. I am using the .1 CS from the wall to my P5 and also to my Dutch & Dutch 8cs. They are quite flexible for their size. He will make them to custom lengths as well.
http://www.nrgcustomcables.ca
I am very happy with mine. I got them for the 8cs given their flexibility and reviews.

2 Likes

Thanks Lonson your guesstimate is good enough to get an idea

AC-12. That was easy…Smile!