Which powercords are you guys using for your P12, P15s or P20s ? thanks!

Shunyata Research - Sigma NR & Anaconda CX; 1.75m

I use PS Audio AC 12’s and Siltech SPX800’s.

Anyone have any new opinions here. Not a huge Pangea fan but seems a number of people like the AC 9 MKll with the P20. Anyone compared these to any other cables?

I use HFC cables on all my gear. A CT2 on the DSD.

It’s not hype, it is real. VERY good cables, IC’s, and speaker cables.

1 Like

I just put in a WW Platinum Electra 7. It’s similar to the WW Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI cable. Very neutral sound. If your recording is good, it makes it sound better, if it is a bad recording, it makes it sound worst. If you like WW cables, you’ll like this one. Excellent power cord.
I use to use the Pangea. A bit warm and dull sounding, but still better than stock power cord.

Thanks - I’m currently using an Electra with a IEC 20AMP adapter. I like it but I’d like to get a cable with a 20a connector. My p20 is just breaking in so I also need to give it a little more time. Anyone have thoughts on cable length with P20 - is longer better or does it matter with a P20?

I’ve used an Shunyata Alpha NR and it sounded really good. What surprises me is that the noise reduction circuit in the cable still has a notable impact on the sound of the regenerator.

I have a P15 and tried an HF Reveal and Cerious Matrix. The Matrix sounded significantly better on the P15. The HF feeds the Dac.

1 Like

I’m using a custom 30-foot 20 amp cable to a dedicated circuit with a P20, sourced from a company in Raleigh, North Carolina called Iron Box.

Good timing just placed an order for a P20 - so about to play in this space :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Elsewhere have used ESP Power-cords (Essential sound products) with Audience but seems every time i swap in an Audience cable it tends to stay as @John_H mentions the imaging and depth are really really good

QQ - Didn’t ask my dealer but what power cord does a P20 Ship with ?

1 Like

It ships with a generic power cable

Ouch … you think it would be a PS opportunity

thanks

Shunyata Delta NR. (20 amp)

Anticable level 3, 20amp, on my P20.

For my P15 I use a Wireworld Silver Electra 7.

One other question… Any difference using 15a input vs 20a other than current capacity? Any sonic differences assuming you stay under 1200w?

2 Likes

My thoughts also with Cerious Technologies and HFC cables. I use HFC Reveal on sources and Cerious Technologies Graphene Matrix on more power hungry gear,feeding lps and amps. Great combo. But no powerplant here yet :expressionless:,so carry on…

Shunyata Sigma NR on P20. Was not anticipating this move but listening to
this vs. Alpha and others from the C.C. library, made this the clear winner.
Was surprised that this swap on a regenerator would equal the improvement
of a good cord (SR Alpha) on the DAC Sr.

3 Likes

Audio Bacon’s a great site to visit for cleverly (and entertainingly) written objective reviews through Jay’s horizontal “tastings”. I spotted something very wonderful in my audition of the Audience AU24 SX power cables, so I went full loom (six lengths) with them about a year ago. My Audience AU24 SX interconnects and speaker cables however, have been replaced by the Iconoclast 4x4 PCOCC Series 2 XLRs and OFCs, respectively, which proved to be exceptional in their ability to reproduce authentically-sized instrumental and vocal images in their proper positions inside a deeper 3D soundstage without the relatively flattened, magnified, and murky results which the Audience delivered.

This review suggests that the Audience AU24 SX AC cables are (still) at the top of the heap: