Which Shunyata power cord to the power plant: nr or xc?

I am. But even with my little 30 watt Class A amp, preamp, PST, DSD it’s just at 3 amps, 18% load.

Ok in your case, but I have a solid state amp which presumably can draw 10 times the current plus 2 active Martin Logan speakers

What I was told is that the NR cables stop noise from the component going back out instead of blocking incoming noise. So for a power plant I believe it makes more sense to go with the XC, given its plugged into the wall.

1 Like

You also might want to demo a iconoclast BAV cord. I have a shunyata alpha NR and the rest of my cables are BAV. I’ve done swaps of the two cables on my DAC and didn’t hear that much of a difference. The BAV cable is probably more than half the cost of an alpha. I’ve never heard the Sigma, so I don’t have a clue there.

Hi Chris,
I just saw this topic. I also have Martin Logan Expression Speakers.

Total System:
Denefrips Terminator Dac
LG OLED C7p 4K 65 in. TV
Marantz AV7703 Pre Tuner
Martin Logan Expression ESL 13A Electrostatic Speakers
Pass Labs 260.8 Mono Amplifiers
PS Audio BHK PreAmplifier
Sony Blu Ray UBP-X800 CD/Blu Ray Player
SVS PB 16-Ultra Subwoofer

I am considering the Shunyata Sigma XC power cable and the Shunyata 6000/S V2 power conditioner.
What cable did you finally purchase?
What did you connect it to?
How did it change the sound of your Martin Logan Speakers?

It is hard to find anyone who is on these websites that has Martin Logan Speakers. I believe that the Electrostats have responses to the chain of gear from the wall to the speakers that differ from the piston, horn, and cone speakers.

Thanks for any assistance.