You need to be freaking Hulk to plug an audiophile cable to the PP P10

Step right in ! Don’t worry we hardly bite !

1 Like

Well, you made me look :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Gustavo! A great group here, a bit of patience and I believe you’ll get the assistance you need. While there is a Forum moderator, and yes the PS Audio Folk do post here, they are not constantly surveilling the Forum. James, a PS Audio employee typically monitors the Forum and may be able to direct you to an answer. In my experience the Forum is not so much a technical support tool as it is a Social Media Platform for like minded Audiophiles.

Regarding the issue you are having with the Power Plant P10 and inserting PS Audio power Cables, pressing the cable in firmly and squarely should do the trick. The receptacle shutter should slide out of the way, even for the heavier gauge prongs associated with the PS A power cords. If not I’d ask for James H to provide technical assistance via a PM or email., jamesh@psaudio.com. Your patience will be rewarded. :wink:

1 Like

i thought this was going to be the haiku thread

2 Likes

I tend to be long winded, and proud of it! :laughing:

1 Like

haha, no, it was in response to the original “this forum is junk” post, which seemed kinda haiku like.

Wasn’t a reflection on your post.

although, it got moved and is slated for deletion, so now the whole thing is non sequitur so whatever

2 Likes

It was a great response.

All the posts from the “This Forum is Junk” thread are now here. But the Haiku-like title is gone. :frowning:

4 Likes

I am naive, and tend to reach ou to those requesting assistance. No harm no foul.

Audiophile plugs
Push them. Force them. Won’t go in.
Prong covers are dumb

4 Likes

There once was a girl from Nantucket…

Oh, wait…never mind, that’s a different form of poetry. Probably not suitable for a Haiku thread.

Carry on.

4 Likes

As you sow, so shall you reap.

1 Like

Now Gustavo’s post makes sense.

My advice is to make certain all three prongs on the connector are parrellel to one another and to make sure you are inserting them straight in. I had this problem with one of my cables and a P10. I had to use a pair of needlenose pliers to straighten one of the blades.

2 Likes

His post may make sense, but not his attitude.

2 Likes

I didn’t want to reveal this, Gustavo, but I am actually The Hulk. Yup, green face, torn shirt, the whole shootin’ match and even I, The Hulk, had the same problem as you. Aaaarggh!
But as folks have said above, I had to push straight and level with just a bit of wobble to move the prong covers away and it went in. One of the “features” of an audiophile receptacle is the very tight grip of the plug.

4 Likes

He’s obviously very frustrated after spending a boat load of money, and now unable to simply plug his audiophile power cords into the regenerator. I’ve been there with other expensive products I’ve purchased in the past, that just don’t work as advertised. There’s no reason it should be this difficult. My guess is he has a defective unit.

1 Like

<just sitting here in the uk, where we have twice as many volts, 3kW functional shuttered wall sockets as standard, with big brass plug pins and fused plugs> :wink:

(time for bed, if @Elk deletes this post i won’t object)

4 Likes

He hasn’t even said which country Unit he has - i.e. which outlets. He hasn’t said the exact cables he’s trying to insert. This is all very suspicious.

2 Likes

Perhaps. Good to question and be skeptical about things.

1 Like

It’s heartening that so many have honestly come to the aid of this frustrated newcomer. Certainly defining the exact configuration that is “flawed” and getting a direct company response will be the key. I’ve been dealing a lot lately with offshore response centers from large companies that tout customer service but give little or none. The forum has been invaluable in assisting those where they can, and PSA’s service response has been significantly better than the corporate lot.

8 Likes

I have not been able to post anymore because I was new to the forum. What is the point of letting me start a topic if I cannot reply further? I have to wait for 24 hours apparently. So then, this my after 24 hours reply:

Well, thank you all for your messages. Thanks to Hulk in particular. I thought I was alone in this and dared to mention his name in the thread. I really appreciate all the people that chipped in.

Then, to those who asked: I am using a P10 US spec. I am in Mexico. I am trying to PLUG some Viper Power cables, but this problem I had with PS Audio own Power cables as well. If this is suspicious very well be. I just wished plugging cables into the P10 would be just that, plug. Otherwise, the P10 has served for many years and am very happy with it. I bought it new from the then PS Audio distributor in Mexico, if that serves.

Hope this dispels some of the suspicions. And, speaking of that, if my posts are suspicious then perhaps, I should not use this forum. @danofesherintheuk Thank You for your hospitality…

1 Like