You need to be freaking Hulk to plug an audiophile cable to the PP P10

Hopefully Hulk’s, @RonP advise solved the issue. If not reaching out to PSA’s JamesH may provide for the solution you seek. Regardless keep us informed as to how this has been resolved.

I will try again, after putting Neosporin on my thumb blister. I will let you know

8 Likes

I like your sense of humor, and wish you the best. This actually is a rather welcoming group, but there can be exceptions. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

“GG”, it is still not clear to me what the extent of the problem is – so please forgive these two, specific, follow up questions:

Is it difficult to insert the Power Cables into the P10 or has it proven to be impossible?

If the P10 has worked fine in the past, have you ruled out a problem with the Viper Power cables or made sure the receptacle(s) are not damaged on the P10?

Again, good luck getting this sorted.

Cheers.

PS

Did not know about the 24 hour wait for newbies - glad to hear you are past that administrative hurdle.

PSS

Stick around. This is generally a very helpful and gracious group of hobbyists.

3 Likes

Maybe trying some type of a audiophile approved lubricant on the plug prongs would be of some help…Good luck with your dilemma though.

1 Like

Is that real? And if it isn’t I feel like we have to make it…. We could literally call it ‘snake oil’.

3 Likes

No–“snake oil oil”

4 Likes

forum has been burned by various trolls recently (rare here), which had left us a little spikier than usual.
continuing to engage helps a lot :slight_smile:
hopefully the auto-limits on posting will expire soon - @Elk ?

1 Like

Are those you’re using the Shunyata Research Zitron Viper Power Cables? Does their male connector look like this?

If so is your problem perhaps the extra long ground pin?

1 Like

Please be nice- he is a new member who is very frustrated…

2 Likes

Yes, they look just like that and indeed ground pin is quite long. I am returning them and will try Audioquest. I am gettiung them today so I should report soon.

4 Likes

Good call man!

Good luck. Audioquest makes outstanding power cables.

Can anyone else confirm the Shunyata Research Viper ZiTron PCs ground prongs are too long to fit into a PSA PowerPort receptacle?

Curiously yours.

My understanding is the prongs need to be of equal length to properly open the receptacle shutters. They must engage the shutters simultaneously. Having Shunyata power cords myself, the prongs are of equal length, and a heavier gauge than what is commonly supplied as an OEM power cord. I don’t have Viper ZiTron PCs.
EDIT:
Well, I sure got this wrong, as I looked at my Shunyata cables and for each the ground pin is slightly longer than the hot and neutral lugs. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

2 Likes

So it looks like you don’t need to be a freaking Hulk, just use power cords with prongs of equal length.
Wonder how many others have beat their heads against the wall in frustration, due to using similar power cords? Does the owners manual mention the need to use cords with prongs of equal length?

2 Likes

Who reads manuals? :laughing:

5 Likes

I’m might be wrong but most TR receptacles don’t have a ‘shutter’ on the ground, so the length of the ground prong shouldn’t matter, but I guess in this case it might matter… Perhaps trying at slight angle where all three prongs are touching the at the same time?

I just checked my power cables (audioquest and transparent) and they all have a ground prong that is slightly longer than the hot and neutral, I have no real problem inserting them in a TR receptacle.

1 Like

The ground plug should always be longer, so that you make ground before plugging. But maybe my previous cables had an overly long ground prong or something else. I don´t know. I just received only one Audioquest cable. Waiting for the other one. I need two because they are to be used with my Devialet 400, meaning, dual mono units.

1 Like

And finally, I tried the one cable I got from Audioquest (NRG-Y3) and it works perfectly. Plug works just fine. I can plug it!!! I never thought this was a big thing. I still have to wait for the other cable so as to try it with the system.

15 Likes