Are You Using The Stock Power Cord To Power Your Power Plant?

BAV 10 gauge, 8 feet, into a hospital grade outlet on a dedicated line

Audience Au24-i HP with new improved audience plugs

BAV 10 gauge on my P12.

Pangea AC 9SE mk IIs wall to P15, P15 to Parasound JC5
very pleased with performance!!

Stellar P3 > Kimber Palladian PK10 > Furutech GTX-D(R) receptacle on a 20a dedicated line.

1 Like

I always wonder why regen needs good AC power cord, until Paul put out this video the other day.

I donā€™t have a hi res system, wonder might not hear difference with good AC cord.

2 Likes

I make my own from bulk Furutech Power Cable and Furutech connectors. I also cover them with Techflex and strain relief with shrink tube.

The last power cable I made was for my P10. Furutech DPS-4.1 with Furutech NCF plugs.

1 Like

I am also a big fan of using right angle plugs that terminate at a wall outlet. It really helps with strain relief.

5 Likes

@vkennedy61, any recommendations for a good quality right angle plug?

@tony22

Furutech FI-11 IEC
Furutech FI-12L series (Gold) & (Rhodium)

Furutech FI-12ML (Rhodium) & (Gold)

Itā€™s quite nice. The entire shell comes apart making installation very simple. You also arenā€™t confined to 90 degrees. You can orient the plugs at multiple angles.

5 Likes

I wish manufacturers would adopt these right-angle connections. These big power cables really put the stress on the outlet!

3 Likes

90 degree connectors might help. Iā€™ve had no problems with my P12 or my M1200s but my power cords had been know to push my M700s across the mounting surface in the cabinet. The cables are so stiff and the amps didnā€™t weigh enough. The cables won the battle. I assumed pushing on them would stress the outlet and let the cables win.

1 Like

This is a simple subwoofer cable I made with the Furutech connectors discussed above.

The next time I pull my cabinet out from the wall I will attempt to remember to take pics of those cables.

Looking at this one closely it looks like I overheated the techflex when I was reducing the shrink tube. I need better QA!

4 Likes

Youā€™re supposed to put those door stop weights on top of your equipment anyway, right?

:grin:

Iā€™ve seen those in John Darkoā€™s videos and I see them a lot in peopleā€™s system photos. I canā€™t say that Iā€™ve ever heard a sonic difference, but if it keeps your gear from scooching across the shelf, then thatā€™s a win!

1 Like

How do you like the Platinum Electra 7? I am considering between the Platinum and AQ Hurricane. Currently running a AQ Thunder to my P15. Thanks.

1 Like

I remember seeing an ad for an electrical outlet that had supports sticking out from the bottom of each receptacle to help with the weight of heavy power cables, but I canā€™t find it now. Anyone else seen those?

I think that you are looking for:

https://hifiheaven.net/shop/Furutech-NCF-Booster-Brace-Power-Connector-Damping-Support

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not the one I saw. Itā€™s actually way better. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey allā€¦anyone know of an ice connector support that would
keep power cords in placeā€¦something along the lines
of vkennedyā€™s suggestion?

Thanks everyoneā€¦

Pangea AC-9SE MkII Signature - HOWEVER - and Iā€™d love to get advice from the forum group on this because I have a challenging set-up: The ONLY place in my house where I can set up my main system is in my office. My components are sitting on top of a file credenza (which is walnut and very heavy/very stable) to the right of my desk, and my speakers are on top of my desk. Hereā€™s the deal with the power situation - the only power outlet I can use is behind my desk. There isnā€™t much space back there. The AC-9 doesnā€™t have room to come out of the wall and make a sharp right turn. Itā€™s too thick and heavy. So, I am currently running the stock cable of a Pangea Audio Premier Octet Power Strip from the wall to power strip, and then the AC-9 to the back of my PS Audio P3 regenerator. My question is this - do you guys think Iā€™d be better off getting another good power cable that has a right angle plug at the wall - and running that to my P3??? Thanks in advance for your advice on this.