Are You Using The Stock Power Cord To Power Your Power Plant?

I recently placed a WW Platinum 8 USB in my system and I’m very impressed by that so I’d definitely keep the power cable in mind. I still have time to send the Hurricane back if necessary. I like what I hear so far tho!

1 Like

WW Platinum Electra was my choice after trying a lot of Sigma Shunyata, AQ Dragon etc.

2 Likes

I read about and have heard that the most important cable is the one from the wall to the regenerator and as it still somewhat confuses me why I’m a believer now!

2 Likes

For my ears, the cable to the P20 was the greatest improvement as well. Even changes within
a cable series were evident. I went from a version one Shunyata Sigma NR to a current version
Alpha XC and things were even cleaner.

2 Likes

The survey says 13% are using the stock power cord! Do yourself and your system a favor and upgrade that power cable!

2 Likes

Pangea 9SE MKII for my P20 and WyWire Silver Series for the P12

Pangea AC9SE MKIIs from wall to P15 and from P15 to Parasound JC5
power amp. Outstanding results and greatly improved performance
over stock cords.

Using Pangea AC14SE MKIIs to sources and preamp same results as above.
Highly recommend…great bang for the buck!!!

Best wishes in your search…

1 Like

With a P15 incoming tomorrow, power cord upgrade is next on the list. I was leaning towards a Shunyata Alpha Ver. 2 NR. Possibly a Shunyata Ver. 1 NR. The Audioquest line has my attention as well. It seems as thought their new PCs are a significant step up. Possibly a Hurricane in my future versus a Shunyata. Always open to suggestions on this one. Audience AU SX 10AWG is another possibility.

If you have a chance to try a Wirerworld silver or platinum, I highly recommend listening to it. In my system, the WW platinum was better than the AQ Dragon and the Shunyata Omega XC and Shunyata Omega NR. This is for the PC from the wall to my P20.

2 Likes

Interesting, as the Shunyata Omega line is rather pricey, exceeding the price of my P15 by a significant amount. Shunyata Sigma Alpha NR fits my budget better. The WW Platinum price wise is a better fit, and the Silver could be a bargain. Have not heard either.
Phil could you expand on the differences you heard between the various cables and why you ultimately landed on the WW Platinum?

1 Like

I don’t remember very well because it was about a year ago that I compared them, but the ww made the system sound more like the live music I hear at concerts. And indeed, I saved a lot of money :grinning:. Hopefully I will help you save some money too.

2 Likes

@waymanchen11, Clifton is a fan too.
He had to sell a kidney to top his ww :joy:

2 Likes

I had to sell both my kidneys. I bought 2 SR Galileo’s. :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Anything you care to share regarding the WW Platinum PC? No local dealers which is a bit of a surprise., Kyomi or D-Digital may offer it in the Chicago area.

Pangea AC 9SE MKIIs outstanding value…no marketing hype…
they are open “sonically” very quick very fast allows full rich instrumental
body along with delicate nuances in space as they come attack and fade away.

These are truly no nonsense

2 meter…359.95 prices just went up…still affordable attainable prices.

Best wishes ya’ll

1 Like

The WW Platinum is a highly detailed very neutral sounding cord. That was my cord of preference when I had my P12. The highs were just beautiful and the mids were so clear. Powerful bass also. If you want a warmer sound, look elsewhere.

If you want a warmer but also very detailed and open sound, I find the Cardas Clear Beyond XL the one to beat. But make sure it’s the XL model, not the regular Clear Beyond.

2 Likes

Heard the clear beyond a couple of years back into a P15 at PAV in Chicago. Clearly did not get in the way. Considering the system the PC will go into based on your description my thought is the WW P7 Electra may be just the ticket. The Shunyata Sigma and Audioquest Hurricane may be too warm.

2 Likes

Two suggestions based on your question:

1. If you go for a Shunyata, definitely get the V2 and going from the wall to the p15, specify the XC version; claimed higher current and the P15 will do the noise reduction.
  2. Audience AU24SX are the best cables I’ve ever used, which only means that they’re really good in my opinion, in my system.
2 Likes

As we have sonic similar tastes your recommendations are valued. The Shunyata Sigma or Alpha XC would need to be configured to 15 amp for the P15. Once I feel comfortable with the P15, my next step may be to arrange for an audition of various PCs for the P15. The Decware SE84UFO25 power cord hook-up is top down on the rear surface IIRC. This means the PC will need to be rather flexible for that particular application. Looking for suggestions here as well from RonP and Lon. My thinking here is PCs from the same manufacturer. To be honest the PC will out cost the amp, ridiculous!

You can take all our suggestions, but the bottom line is how it will actually sound in your system. Every system is different. Best to borrow whatever you can to try and see which cord impress you the most. I’m not sure about now, but The Cable Company has this service.

1 Like