Are You Using The Stock Power Cord To Power Your Power Plant?

Yes, I get that, truly situational. Have tried the Cable Co. in the past. Local dealers are a one shot deal, AudioQuest and Transparent.

I have a couple of 20amp Shunyata Sigma V1 cables that I don’t think I need to hang on to. Does the P15 have a 15 or 20 amp socket?

Use these, I find them totally transparent.
VooDoo Premium Solid Silver 20 amp to 15 amp IEC Adapter

1 Like

My incoming P15 has the 15 amp male socket requiring the IEC C13 female socket on the PC.

John at the The Cable Co. can help you out. Great guy!

I use PS Audio AC-12 on all components in my main system. They prove flexible enough for my main components which include five Decware ones, three of which have the IEC inlet on top of the chassis; they do work even more comfortably now as I have my P15 on the top of the rack which means the cords flow down to lower shelves in four of the five cases.

I love the AC-12 and prefer them to other cables I have used. i’ve only used low-level Shunyata but was not impressed, I have not used WireWorld or Audience.

1 Like

As I said, I’ve tried a lot of cables and landed on Audience as a clear winner.
Since that’s all I currently own, my little Decware 2.3 watt amp gets an Audience AU24SX.
btw–I auditioned Audience Front Row power cable and preferred the less expensive SX.
Finally, the SX are big, thick but quite flexible, so no issues twisting to meet up with Decware’s “upside down” IEC.

4 Likes

I used their silver 15A to 20A converter years ago when I needed a 20A pc for my Shunyata Hydra 8 and didn’t have any 20A cords. When I finally did get the 20A version of the 15A cord, I really couldn’t tell the difference.

4 Likes

I too have one of those.

1 Like

They are definitely handy, Al. Your equipment is in a whole different class than mine but did you notice a difference when using it versus a regular 20A cord of the same type? Thanks.

Sadly yes. I now use a much more expensive Stealth Audio cable.

It makes zero sense to me that a power cord could make such a difference on a device that converts the power to DC and then back to AC. But sadly it does.

4 Likes

Getting an abundance of help and ideas here. I greatly appreciate the assistance. I think once the P15 breaks in, I’ll give the power cords a whirl. Limiting myself to 40% of the P15 cost max. So there is AQ Hurricane, Shunyata Alpha or Sigma XC, Audience SX, and Wire World Platinum Electra 7. I have used Shunyata to date, but nothing too pricey. It has been fine in comparison to OEM PC’s. Then there is PS Audio PC-12 which I would need to track down a legit PC used. What I am looking for is clarity with no haze, fuzziness, smearing, added warmth or spotlighting. That said my speakers continue to break in, their character changing as I have listened over the last two days. Bass is all over the place and highs can get gnarly, most likely due to the XC cap breaking in. My most significant observation of late is marginal recordings especially with distorted guitar can sound sub-par, examples are Marc Ribot and Jeff Swanson’s latest releases. Maybe I should shift over to Kenny Burrell and Wes Montgomery, Ha!

Another option and Pete has a 30 day trial period. They are run in on the Audiodharma Cable Cooker before shipping.

1 Like

There is also this seller on Audiogon offering the AC12 listed as new:

PS Audio Final Clearance on AC12 And AC3 power cords

1 Like

Steve was one of PSA’s largest and longest running dealers so it should be exactly as he describes it. I bought multiple pieces from him as did many others here.

3 Likes

Mr Weed
The AC12 at that price is a “hurry up and get it before it’s gone” deal.
Just be aware that it’s as heavy and stiff as they come.

1 Like

That is one reason why I have been inquiring. Saw that as well. It is a strong possibility, and could save me some coin. Lonson has reported good results with the AC-12, which is another consideration. Of course is a Shunyata 1.5 M Sigma XC Ver 2 came up for $1,500 I’d snatch it up in a heartbeat. I get the impression the AQ Hurricane PC is a step up from the PSA AC-12, considering the same AQ lineage.

I picked up a 10 Gauge iconoclast BAV and the Audio Magic Ultimate premier fuse. I don’t have any other aftermarket IEC 19 cords to fit to the P20. Someday I will trial some other 20 amp cords but did not regret the BAV. Might try the fuse route until a new high end cord matces your budget.

Purchased his last two 1.5 meter AC-12 PCs. Figured it was a credible starting point without breaking the bank. In the meantime the new P-15 is killin’ it, with a stock PC.

2 Likes

Nice! trust me, the stock pc is just there for convenience. It sounds like sh*%t compared to an AC12.

2 Likes