Bridge 2.5?

I like the sound of Bridge 2e :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope to like the sound of a B2e.

:wink:

3 Likes

As I have the “Junior Bridge”, will the new Bridge Box work also for that setup?

I would be so happy if Vince name B2e was the final choice.

Even if I’m still waiting for an Al suggestion, the only one together with Vince, titled to give a name to this box after months of encompassed effort spent on this forum answering the questions: “what’s the AirlLens?” or “How does the AirLens work?”

1 Like

My thanks to “Interested” or whomever started this thread.

I ordered an MKII a week ago to take advantage of the trade in special. I had not thought about removing in the Bridge from my DS DAC MKI and would have sent it back with the unit since it is not compatible the MKII. I was already lamenting not being able to use the Bridge or MKII to play Qobuz, without connecting my laptop.

I am not happy with the delays in the Air Lens and was using the other PSA threads to search for inexpensive alternative Bridges and Streamers. Like others I do not have much money for additional audio equipment at this time. I should add, if I have to purchase a non PSA Bridge / Streamer it decreases the likelihood I will buy a PSA Air Lens.

I received an email with my RMA # and instructions from PS Audio but have not received the MKII DAC yet. The RMA instructions do not mention removing the Bridge, which is a shame and perhaps something Paul wants to remedy. I would be happy with a temporary external Bridge / B2e / BIIe / “Bille” as long as it did not cost a lot. It does not have to be pretty just functional.

2 Likes

“Bille” / Billie - I like it! Now that would be a bridge in a box with some personality!

@Paul, if there was a capacity for the box to receive the newer Converse bridge card with DSD256 and PCM 384, that would be great and allow your investment to carry over - plug in a Bridge 2 board or the latest as they develop?

1 Like

Get the Holo Red to hook up to the Mk2. Have heard very good things on this forum from people you can trust like @vkennedy61. It’s Roon Bridge capable and has i2s inputs as well as the USB. USD800. That’sa very good price for what it does. With the improved galvanic isolation and noise/jitter improvement in the Mk2 you don’t need the AirLens. I think Ted or maybe Paul himself said something similar. Someone else can say exactly.

This is what I’m doing to finance the Mk2 trade in. Selling my much more expensive standalone Lumin streamer.

1 Like

To be clear, mine is on order and I haven’t heard it. But reading online reviews from end users, the specs and the manual, and Holo’s reputation for great build with DDC’s, leads me to believe it should work and do a decent job. Also, I will test it with the MKII but I am not purchasing it for that purpose, I’ll be using it primarily as a Roon endpoint for my headphone rig. It’s replacing a recently deceased ultraRendu. I thought I would try something different and I like that it has an internal power supply, one less set of cables.

2 Likes

Yes, the Holo Red is on my list.
Vkennedy61 I trust your expertise and will wait to hear your results.

I would rather have a known entity, and it may seem trivial but also matching components in an all PSA source rack. However, this will not be the first time I needed to give up on PSA bringing something to market. From conversations at AXPONA I trust Ted Smith and would hope the AirLens would meet with his approval. AXPONA is in April which will allow time to hear something definitive from PSA, and an opportunity to gather opinions and shop around further. I don’t imagine I would be willing to wait much more beyond that.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. I’ve been anticipating the AL for s long time. But I finally had to make a decision. The DSD Mk2 definitely made me get off my butt

Are we officially calling it the VaporLens now?

3 Likes

I just noticed a Holo Red on Canuck Audio Mart and snagged it…

2 Likes

You’re a mean horrible person…

1 Like

Already? Either it didn’t’ fit their use case or they didn’t like it. Hmmmmm…

It’s a little overpriced at 1048.02 USD, but there is a 4-6 week wait, so I suppose you just paid to circumvent the wait. I’ve done that occasionally myself.

I am looking forward to learning your impressions.

The way the ad read don’t think he took it out of the box. Looks to be a dealer/gear flipper. 497 prior sales and 29 items currently for sale. He may be the guy from Head Fi a couple of weeks ago that said he ordered one but was going to sell it before he even had it.

I didn’t pay that. Bid him down… At the end I paid USD950, so that’s 70 over the factory price once you include shipping.

He got an all in one Melco DAC/streamer/library management thingamajig and didn’t want the DAC and streamer separated by Ethernet so he was getting rid of this

1 Like

Shankha can you provide us with your address and date the unit is to be delivered. Just out of curiosity.:wink:

1 Like

Are you offering to porch sit for him? Be careful, it might be a glitter bomb!

People Are Like HELL YES After This Guy Pranked Package Thieves With Glitter And Fart Spray

2 Likes

You guys are so kind! :joy:

(I’m sitting here on my porch with my loaded shotgun.)

2 Likes

If we had the pin-outs of the bridge we could have a solution in less than a month.

2 Likes