Bridge II update?

Auralic Aries G2, big upgrade.

1 Like

I already have the Nucleus + though so I only need a bridge type device which is why I’ve ordered an SMS 200 Ultra Neo to try out.

Ok, so if it is like that I wonder how Paul wants to sell Bridge III…would be interested in contra arguments if there are any…

The only theoretical pro arguments that come into my mind except convenience of the internal unit are (in case they overrule the theoretical disadvantages):

The „digital lens“ Bridge uses could be of better sound quality than the interface of other products

The power supply used within the DS could be of better quality than the ones of other products.

The much shorter I2S connection path within the unit (compared to external cabling) could be an advantage.

The theory that the power cabling used for the DS is probably better than the one used for the add. streamer could be an advantage.

At the end I guess it all comes down to the digital lens quality. If it isn’t superior I agree that an external unit probably has more advantages…and if you guys heard the difference, it’s true at least for your setups.

None of those four possible “pro” possibilities are actually pros…one is a wash (the I2S length) and the other three are negatives.

Yes, if the digital lens has no better sound quality everything else doesn’t help much or at all…however that lens quality could improve with the next version…at least this will be its only chance I guess. Maybe I can try out an external unit some later time for a comparison.

I really love the idea of the internal bridge . I like the idea of eliminating my usb cable and having the touch screen display what I am listening to. The only thing holding me back is that the bridge III is coming and don’t want to purchase a bridge II only to be made obsolete the III.

So you’re going to wait over a year for a Bridge III?

Bridge II is pretty damn good for the price (especially if you use an audiophile network switch). If I were you I would buy the bridge II now and start enjoying it while waiting for version III as new technology has a tendency to get delayed. Also you may decide by that point that you would like to go with something external.

Used ones turn up on here on a regular basis.

1 Like

I went for the Lumin U1 and I very happy with it.

1 Like

I had a Aurender n100h , sold it not because of sound but rather I like roon better. I am using a macmini running Roon Core via usb wire world silver cable. If ps audio runs a sale on the bridge II I will get one until the III comes out

1 Like

I may sell my Bridge II next week if interested PM me.

1 Like

Auralic Aries is a good step up.

1 Like

Can you control volume in Roon with Aries > DSD? How are you connecting the 2? AES?

You can use Aries, I use my DSD and my BHK pre. Disabled volume on Aries.
Aries can be connected WIFI or Ethernet, I’m using WW platinum Starlight USB to my DSD.

Is PS Audio online to read peoples are steering from Bridge II ?
I mean for how long we should still wait and stick around for an update?
Better be honest and say it loud and clear that you are focus on new projects and there is no more support for Bridge II.
I mean is really ridiculous to offer a software downgrade.
A month ago you were testing and now just silence…

2 Likes

Agreed. Certainly would like to see this resolved.

Why don’t you guys try e-mailing Conversdigital and express your frustrations to them. The ball is in their court to make the code changes.

If I purchased the device from Conversdigital, I would certainly do that. The consumer has no leverage dealing with a parts or software supplier. The Bridge ii is sold as a part of a PS Audio product. Ultimately, PS Audio is the manufacturer of the end product. It’s really incumbent on PS Audio to work with Conversdigital to get this corrected.

3 Likes