Bridge II update?

One of the guys on another forum was having a problem keeping a connection between his streamer and an Orbi module and solved the problem by putting a cheap $15 unmanaged switch between the two. You can order one from Amazon and if it doesn’t solve the problem send it back. Something like this should do the trick.

I actually have one of those! It didn’t make any noticeable difference, though I will revisit how it is hooked up to make sure I didn’t do something, uh, stupid.

Might be that all you need to do is just shut every thing down, wait 5-10 minutes and then boot back up from the router forward one piece at a time after the Orbi router and pods are all back on line.

1 Like

A new v3.6.86 all 24bit’s media indicates as 16bits …
[ PWDII + Bridge II ].

Valery …

Did people notice the software is available for update via mcontrol app?

Just updated, now to give it a try.

1 Like

Hello,
Would it be possible to let bridge 2, in a future release to become a chromecast endpoint? Mconnect control is a limited (for example it does not let me create play lists and neither makes visible the playlists tidal audptomaticslly prepare for me) and buggy ( for example it does not let me play some songs citing digital rights restrictions that the Tidal app play without problems) and would love to be able to use the Tidal app directly but it does not use DLNA/UpNp but just chromecast (on Android)

Chromecast has come up in a number of contexts in the past, including this one. I suggest searching for Chromecast (see the upper right for search). You may find threads/posts of interest.

Is the Bridge II update out, will there be a download link please?

Please see, here.

It should show up on ur DSD

Unplug it for 5 minutes and make sure snowmass 306 is loaded

1 Like

Hello Elk,

thank you for your reply, I would have thought adding chromecast was easy, meaning I would have assumed there was a public API for doing that, never thought lots of development cost would be required.
I wonder license roon or Mconnect control (and improve it) for your customers would be better. I cannot believe the use case of streaming Tidal is of marginal interest to the point of not being worth it of investment. (Maybe there is also the possibility of lobbying Tidal into supporting DLNA, which would possibly be cheaper for you)

On Android one can use the native Tidal and Qobuz apps in share with BubbleUPnP. Works like a charm, just select track, album or playlist, click the 3 dots and share with BubbleUPnP (which btw by itself has a fine interface, worlds better than mConnect…;-).

Browse the native apps while in the background play your selected (enqueued) music via BubbleUPnP->BridgeII

Thank you for the tip. I will try. I tried bubble upnp myself and the limitation it had was that it could not find MQA tracks. Will try it your way. If it works I owe you a beer or two… :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to activate your Tidal account & settings in Bubble.
Cheers :beers:

[edit] you’re correct about mqa though, which only unfolds using mConnectcontrol(HD)…

Chromecast is now so common on many devices and apps that it really would be convenient to add it as part of the Bridge. Although given the apparent difficulty in getting Convers to fix the bugs in Bridge II with its current feature set, I don’t see it being a possibility. And Bridge III seems as though it would be specifically a PS-only interface.

Although if you have a spare input, you could add a Chromecast Audio with the S/PDIF cable and use it that way–that is how I set it up in my system. The DS Jr. does make it sound better, but I only use it for convenience or for background music (when I can use a group cast over a few devices at a time). I bought several of the CCA devices over the years, and have them in various places in the house, including the garage. I also have a couple of products with the capability built in (like the RIVA speakers). On the flip side, Roon can cast to these CCAs, so it works out well all-around for me.

Not quite the solution to your problem, but I ended up replacing my entire network with hardware from Ubiquiti, specifically the EdgeRouter X and a UniFi access point, with a few of those TP-Link unmanaged switches throughout the house where needed (including a “main” switch where my servers and NAS drives are hooked up). Any media device is wired to Ethernet; phones, tablet and the video game consoles use the WiFi. I’ve never had a stronger signal in the house, and no dead areas for WiFi, as opposed to the three Linksys routers I had as access points throughout the house previously. It even reaches 30+ ft. out to the garage with an acceptably strong signal, and covers the security cameras at the front of the house, which are outdoors. I was thinking I would need two access points, but, it is not necessary. The AP unit looks like a flying saucer with a glowing blue circle on it. :grin:

What attracts me to this networking hardware is that I can configure every aspect of it. I’ve worked in networking in the past, so it’s no problem navigating all the setup parameters. I don’t like the hands-off aspect of many of the mesh systems, yet that is what makes them attractive to others, so there is definitely a use case for those. It just may take a few more years for the mesh technology to mature.

I noticed when I stayed at the La Quinta in S. Jordan, Utah, they were using one of Ubiquiti’s mesh systems for their WiFi (there was a unit in my room), and I had a fast, strong signal for once in a hotel room.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reply. There are many chrome cast receivers but none that would let me use the bridge, which is the only one able to handle MQA. If Psaudio is really going for. Bridge3 p audio only, I believe the “legacy” directstream (Senior or Junior) will become collectable items. Water went under the bridge and item that cannot play in sinergy with others are destined to the closet or to Ebay. I cannot believe Psaudio is going that way, it would be an hilarious mistake (just not an haha one)

well, unless, of course, as part of the Bridge 3 (and whatever server software they put in it) they can provide an Android (or IOS for the followers of that religion) that lets me stream Tidal from my phone into Bridge 3 and unfolds / support MQA. The convenience of operating that way is leaps and bounds over using any PC/Mac

I’m having the same problem as @valer_valer . Was there ever a fix for this? Streaming Tidal through Roon. Files show as 24bit in Roon but only 16bit in Bridge II.