Cleaning the system

For electronics internals, try a product like Inland Air Duster. Comes in a can.

@winston007 cleaning his kit:

5 Likes

Seems like I limit my cleaning to a thorough rebuild/reconfiguration of the system once or twice a year…

I am in the middle of another tear-down, clean everything and rearrange process now.

Here is one of the cable piles (not sure I have enough PCs):

4 Likes

I’ve used a Swiffer for years around stereo gear. Works great.

I’m also in favor of the Swiffer

1 Like
3 Likes

I had one of those, did you get yours from audio advisor? Im using one I purchased from Lowes now, similar but that one is better.

1 Like

I remember I got it from a show like 15 years ago, it’s great one!

1 Like

They stopped making them along time ago, not sure why. Great duster.

1 Like

Had this for at least 10 years. Dusts off the audio, speakers, shelves, pictures, I even used it for cleaning film negatives before scanning. Oh, and its intended use, cleaning records.

3 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one with this experience.

I’ve worked in fine art conservation off and on for years and there is a lot of specialized tools in the field but an ostrich feather duster and/or synthetic feather duster work well at cleaning almost anything. also can’t beat a can of spray air, not a leaf blower (I love that story)….

A clean microfiber with some spryaway will clean grimy fingerprints off most non porous hard surfaces. Sprayaway is nice cuz it’s safe to use on both glass and acrylic, unlike windex.

1 Like

That’s new to me.

Will check it out…

Thanks.

[Addenda: Didn’t you mean to recommend “Sprayway”?]

It’s available at Lowe’s, but I’ve also seen it at my local Kroger. But might have luck at a Hardwear store.

1 Like

Yes, it’s early here… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Can’t say it is something I’d wish on others.

My wife promptly called that service and told them we wold no longer be needing them. When they asked why she roughly explained to them the issue and they asked if there was a way to make it right but when the told them the number that would make it right they more or less told her to have a nice day. Lol, they did have to lift the lid to do it and I didn’t expressly tell them to not dust my record player…. I don’t know it was a situation where it was kinda hard to be mad about, upset, yeah I was upset, but mad, I don’t know, Lesson learned I guess.

1 Like