Best Ways to Clean/'Dust' Speaker Drivers

Does a build up of dust on drivers impact sound quality? How do you ‘folks’ go about maintaining clean ‘dust-free’ drivers? Any effective products on the market…or ‘tricks of the trade?’

I sincerely doubt that it has any impact, but I am not a speaker designer.

I don’t want dust on my drivers, I paid too much to let them collect dust. And if I believed the dust would disperse as I play my speakers then I shouldn’t have to clean my ceiling fan. So I vacuum my drivers periodically with an upholstery brush. But I make certain that suction relief port on the hose is open so I don’t suck a hole in my drivers. Just be forewarned about too much suction, I’d hate to read you sucked out a tweeter or sucked a hole in a driver.

I use a feather duster every Sunday while I’m doing chores. Yup, no maid for this poor bastard.itwasntme_gif

woot said I use a feather duster every Sunday while I'm doing chores. Yup, no maid for this poor bastard.itwasntme_gif
LOL!

I have gently used a soft camel’s hair brush.

If any of the above fail to provide adequate relief from you soiled driver plight… a thermite cannon should handily do the trick!

thermite1-720x720.png

TAD may not feel the same way about this.

Never mind…I found what I was looking for!speaker-cleaner.jpg

Beats the heck out of the cannon!105_gif

“Easy on the tweeters Miss!”