Compatible I2S source devices

The DMP is connected to the DSD. Thanks for your response.

I am getting a headache trying to read this schematic. Can someone tell me if I can plug my PS Audio SACD I2S output into my Topping D90 input? Topping has 6 different pinout settings you can change.

Probably one of the Holo Red users can tell best. There are a few pictures over on those threads. For example, search for I2S in and/or ask in: Holo Red impressions - Network Audio - PS Audio

Just googling a bit, I saw from an Audiophile Style thread the comment that the standard Topping setting should be the PS Audio setting.

From experience, if you have SACD DSD files, one thing to check is that the left and right channels are correct in playback. Just compare with a track with strong left vs right aspects, like the opening for Bowie’s Golden Years, with another source chain.

thanks, if the setting is wrong is there a chance that either my transport or topping could be damaged???

No, there’s no chance of damage from such a missetting.

Thank you Paul, love the YouTube videos.

Thanks!

The new to market LAiV Harmony DAC has configurable i2s PIN input. How can I connect my airlens streamer using i2s HDMI to LAiV Harmony DAC (one of the available i2s configurations)? By airlens configuration, firmware upgrade or special cable?

You will have to match the “pin” settings, as appropriate.

Most HDMI cables will work for the I2S connection.

Suggest you start with default AirLens pin settings and check with your DAC manufacturer to get advice.

Good luck.

Mikael Tegsten

That DAC is getting a lot of good reviews. I was in the same boat I have a PST and wanted a DAC with two I2S inputs because I new I was going to get a AirLens, I just decided to get the Stellar Gold DAC. I did find a switch like below but do not know if the pin out will match the PS Audio standard

4K HDMI Matrix Switch 2 x 2 by OREI Switcher

Due to the fact that the I2S is carrying clock information, it’s very important to have the shortest possible cable of high quality. I am afraid that adding a switch on the connection would compromise the quality of the clock signal. If the PIN configuration is not compatible between the streamer/DAC devices, I see the only option is a DIY cable. Anyone tried the DIY option of making your own cable?

1 Like

Why would you need a DIY cable.? The Harmony has eight different I2S pin settings and the PSA is the industries most popular. Pretty sure one of the eight is it or you could just e-mail LAiV and ask them. As the leader of that group is from the Vinshine group of companies I’m sure they will give you the information you are looking for.

1 Like