Discretes RC Codes

Hi Dennis,

is there a way to get the discrete IR codes for the PWD DACII. Especially the codes for NativeX/Native and the Sample Rates to switch direct to them would be helpfull. But all the otherones would also be great?

Thanks and best regards

Jayla

Hi Dennis,

is there a way to get the discrete IR codes for the PWD DACII. Especially the codes for NativeX/Native and the Sample Rates to switch direct to them would be helpfull. But all the otherones would also be great?

Thanks and best regards
Jayla

I have also requested IP commands for this.

can you not just collect them with a “learning” remote?

Ah, I forgot that some of them are “scrolling” commands.

There may NOT be a specific command to enter NativeX? It has been a long time since I used my

PSA remote.

@jayla are you looking for LIRC compatible codes?

I made IR receiver from my raspberry pi and can scan the remote for you if this would help :slight_smile:

As Gordon said there is probably no chance to go directly to Native-X - only SR+ or SR- as it it on remote.

@maniac

I have a URC MX5000 Remote Control System. I can work with RC5 hex codes ( used by Philips). I don’t have any experience with LIRC. But may be it works because it supports a bright list of RCs.

thx for your help

@jayla here you go: http://localhost.sk/psaudio-pwd.conf

it should be ready for use with LIRC, and when you look inside you can see the HEX codes + infra signal coding information

Plus here is the file itself in case the above url would not work in the future anymore:

# PWD MK2 REMOTE CONTROL KEY MAPPING:

# KEY_VOLUMEDOWN: PWD VOLUME DOWN

# KEY_VOLUMEUP: PWD VOLUME UP

# KEY_MUTE: PWD MUTE

# KEY_POWER: PWD ON

# KEY_POWER2: PWD OFF

# KEY_0: PWD PHASE

# KEY_1: PWD FILTER

# KEY_3: PWD DIM

# KEY_A: PWD LEFT BALANCE

# KEY_AB: PWD RIGHT BALANCE

# KEY_KPPLUS: PWD SR PLUS

# KEY_KPPLUSMINUS: PWD SR MINUS

# KEY_NUMERIC_0: PWD I2S1

# KEY_NUMERIC_1: PWD I2S2

# KEY_NUMERIC_2: PWD AN1

# KEY_NUMERIC_3: PWD AN2

# KEY_NUMERIC_4: PWD COAX

# KEY_NUMERIC_5: PWD TOS

# KEY_NUMERIC_6: PWD USB

# KEY_NUMERIC_7: PWD XLR

# KEY_NUMERIC_8: PWD BRIDGE

# KEY_PLAYPAUSE: PWD PLAY/PAUSE

# KEY_4: POWERPLANT PWR

# KEY_5: POWERPLANT MW

# KEY_6: POWERPLANT DISP

# KEY_7: POWERPLANT LEFT

# KEY_8: POWERPLANT HOME

# KEY_9: POWERPLANT RIGHT

# KEY_102ND: POWERPLANT CLEARWAVE

begin remote

name /root/psaudio-pwd.conf

bits 32

flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH

eps 30

aeps 100

header 9019 4439

one 619 1623

zero 619 507

ptrail 619

repeat 9021 2193

gap 107793

toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes

KEY_VOLUMEDOWN 0xC18EEC13

KEY_VOLUMEUP 0xC18E6C93

KEY_POWER 0xC18E807F

KEY_POWER2 0xC18E40BF

KEY_MUTE 0xC18E0CF3

KEY_0 0xC18ECC33

KEY_1 0xC18E1CE3

KEY_3 0xC18EC03F

KEY_4 0x20DFF10E

KEY_5 0x20DF6996

KEY_6 0x20DFA956

KEY_7 0x20DF29D6

KEY_8 0x20DF49B6

KEY_9 0x20DFC936

KEY_A 0xC18E3CC3

KEY_AB 0xC18EBC43

KEY_102ND 0x20DFF906

KEY_KPPLUS 0xC18E5CA3

KEY_KPPLUSMINUS 0xC18EDC23

KEY_NUMERIC_0 0xC18E24DB

KEY_NUMERIC_1 0xC18EA45B

KEY_NUMERIC_2 0xC18E748B

KEY_NUMERIC_3 0xC18EF40B

KEY_NUMERIC_4 0xC18E14EB

KEY_NUMERIC_5 0xC18E14EB

KEY_NUMERIC_6 0xC18E54AB

KEY_NUMERIC_7 0xC18ED42B

KEY_NUMERIC_8 0xC18E34CB

KEY_PLAYPAUSE 0xC18E0AF5

end codes

end remote

@maniac;

Have you seen similar for web commands?

@maniac thx a lot!! for your support.

Concerning the direct command to nativx etc. I think it is not supportet. Its a round robin of KEY_KPPLUS 0xC18E5CA3 as far as I can see.

What I found strange in the file is, that KEY_NUMERIC_4 0xC18E14EB and KEY_NUMERIC_5 0xC18E14EB both have the same hexcode.

While PWD concerning the actual SR is not reliable after going to Standby and coming back from Standby it is not able to work with a variable that leads me to know how often I have to fire the command until I reach NativeX etc.

However, I will compare the LIRC codes after transfering them to RC5 codes (can be done with IRMaster). I would expect that they are the same.

Best regards

Jayla

@jayla it may be my mistake, I had to press each key and write it down, so maybe I by mistake pressed twice the same key. If it would be helpful I can re-check the TOSLINK and COAX codes for you.

Regarding the dedicated buttons for each SR , filter etc I guess we would need to convince PSAudio to implement it in PWD firmware - you may try it, it would be helpful for few users.

BTW settings on my PWD are persistent after standby/power-off (Native-X and AutoFilter) so it stays in my preferred setup - do I understand correctly that your settings are not preserved when putting PWD into standby and then back ?

@frode hmm what you mean by “web commands”?

@frode hmm what you mean by "web commands"?

I would like to control the PWD over HTTP with Roomie opposed to IR.
valervaler apparently got access to these codes since he made the control software for the PWD.

@frode ah I understand, i guess valer had reverse engineered those codes and as he made his pwdcontrol windows application open source you can have a look inside :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pwdcontrol/

Or ask valer_valer here on the forums

It seems quite straightforward, calling “http://your_bridge_ip/cgi-bin/commands.cgi?command=” followed by command and value.

Looking into source it would be combinations like:

http://your_bridge_ip/cgi-bin/commands.cgi?command=DSAM=8

To select Native-X sample rate.

I have not tested it though, it’s just my assumption :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve just tested it and it works as expected :slight_smile:

@frode and to save you some time parsing the sources, here a the definitions of different commands and variables mapping:

const string InputSelectCommand = “DINP”;

const string SampleRateCommand = “DSAM”;

const string FilterCommand = “DFIL”;

const string PhaseCommand = “DPHA”;

const string VolumeCommand = “VOLL”;

const string MuteCommand = “VOLM”;

const string RebootCommand = “RSTA”;

public enum InputSelect { AES = 0, Coax = 1, Optical = 2, Usb = 3, I2S1 = 4, I2S2 = 5, Unknown1 = 6, Unknown2 = 7, MediaLibrary = 8 }

public enum SampleRate { Unknown = 0, F44100 = 1, F48000 = 2, F88200 = 3, F96000 = 4, F176400 = 5, F192000 = 6, Native = 7, NativeX = 8 }

public enum Filter { Filter1 = 0, Filter2 = 1, Filter3 = 2, Filter4 = 3, Filter5 = 4, Auto = 5 }

public enum Phase { Out = 0, In = 1 }

public enum Mute { Unmuted = 0, Muted = 1 }

public enum Reboot { Both = 1 }

Thanks a lot, maniac!

I tried it too and it worked like a charm :slight_smile:

And even better - it seems to return with feedback (NativeX makes ‘DSAM=8 DSAM=8=OK’).

@maniac Correct, I often have the problem that it is switching after using NativeX to Native and sometimes to 44.1kHz when I power off PWD and afterwords powering on again. This problem I use to have from the very beginning. Its not a big issue for me.

BTW it should be quite simple for PSA to introduce the IR Codes into the systems because direct control is available for the small programm for windows.

Let see if PSA could introduce it.

Beste regards

jayla

@jayla:

The way I do it is as follows:

Prerequisite is static IP or fixed DHCP address on the Bridge.

Then you enter this URL in Safari browser (IOS control point):

http://your_bridge_ip/cgi-bin/commands.cgi?command=DSAM=8

Finally, save this link to your desktop and call it 'Force NativeX’

All you need to do is to run this shortcut prior to playback.

@jayla are you having sd card properly inserted into pwd (in case you can see artwork on PWD display it is ok) ?

i’m not sure if those settings are stored to SD card, just trying to find out what is different in your setup as in mine it works

also what version of PWD firmware do you use?

so I’ve made extremely lame HTML page allowing one to control her/his PWD by opening the html file in browser (you can store it on your PC, or on some websetver in your LAN network):

http://localhost.sk/pwdctrl.html

just edit the file and replace all occurrences of 192.168.0.52 with IP address of your bridge :slight_smile:

Nice work, maniac - works like a charm :slight_smile:

The only thing that confuses me is the feedback for the filters.

They are all offset by one. Let’s hope that the PWD display report the correct figure.

@frode thanks, for me the filter is not shifted (what i see on webpage it’s being set also on PWD (reported by display).

If you mean that numbers are shifted -1 in html code it’s because it starts at 0 (filter 1)