Discretes RC Codes

Nice to see that some of you clearly see the benefits with this despite that it is somewhat hidden inside an IR thread (It was not my intention to hijack this thread).

I would expect that for those who decide to try this, the result will be a big grin on your face, and even bigger if we can get it to work seamlessly with the PWD. As a start I will dump my Roomie backup to Dropbox for those who wants to try it. I hope to hear from Roomie soon for the integration into their library. I might have most of the info required available but might need to work with maniac or valer_valer (or even PS Audio) for the last parts of the puzzle. My main objective is that the PWD owners finally will have access to all of this just by a few keystrokes and hope that this will create a success story.

I’ve been trying to get these remote control codes to work with a Directstream DAC. When trying the HTTP strings, I get an error message indicating they are not accepted (I did edit them to have the IP address of my DS DAC). Is there an option to turn on the ability to accept IP control on the Directstream DAC?

As an alternative to IP control, does anyone have the Hex IR codes? I can record them using a recorder and the DS DAC remote but figured I’d check to see if someone has already recorded them.

UPDATE: It was a rainy day here on Saturday so I recorded the Directstream DAC HEX codes using my iTach IR interface. However, if there is a way to control the DS DAC through the BridgeII, that would be preferable. Especially if there was feedback (DAC Volume level) and a way to set the DAC Volume to a specific level.

2 Likes