Thanks guys. Yes, this is a major upgrade in all respects plus Barry added a few features too that st50maint has discovered already. We’re very close now.
Here’s the release notes:
Date: Oct 3, 2018 File: DMP00309.hex
Load 3.09 improves CD load performance and data disc/ USB sub-directory navigation. There are various other UI improvements, including a new dimmer slider setting in the setting menus, fixes for track names not displaying fully and many others.
Navigation of USB and Data Disc sub-directories
For USB and data disc sub-directory navigation, functionality is added to allow navigation using the remote control.
If the track is STOPPED or PAUSED, the up and down arrow keys on the remote can be used to navigate up directory levels. During PLAY, these arrow keys are used to fast forward or fast reverse the playing track.
Pressing the UP arrow key will return to the previous directory level. This corresponds to the Up Level icon on the Track Select Menu.
Pressing the DOWN arrow key will return to the root directory, regardless of what level the player is currently at. This corresponds to the Root Dir icon on the Track Select Menu.
Directory entries are included as part of the track list and are numbered along with the tracks themselves. Directory entries have the text [DIR] pre-pended to the directory name, to distinguish them from song tracks.
Directory entries can be entered in the following ways:
- Skipping to the entry and pressing the PLAY button (the auto-play feature will not effect directory entries)
- Selecting it from the Track Select Menu
- Entering the track number using the remote
- Match DMP and DSD dimmer settings and turn into slider
- Users advance to the next track but no sound plays when DMP says it’s playing
- Track names with a ‘.’ - everything chopped off after and including ‘.’
- USB/DataDisc can’t play track from touch panel - but IR remote will work
- Sub Dir navigation through remote control?
- CD didn’t reset to track one at end of play
- CDs take longer to load on 3.07 than 3.06
- Large Track number will display as 255 and nothing will play
- Fast forward and rewind does not work properly with USB and DVD data discs.