DMP 3.09 firmware released

Thanks, Ron. This is very encouraging. As I said, on my system the new firmware is really nailing it. I think we have a winner. Thanks to everyone for their patience as we sorted it out.

Thanks. This is very encouraging news.

Loaded, works great! Thanks for the dimmer slider, which seems to have lots more levels, and importantly, a darker minimum.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. It’s not always easy and we’re as fallible as the next but we will keep to our word. I figure you don’t have much in life other than the trust you earn. I spent much of my misbegotten youth learning that the hard way.

It’s a force load so we don’t have to put people through too many load problems. But that’s a good point. I should probably change that for general release. Thanks, Brodric.

1 Like

And what’s going on here, since when was a DirectStream Memory Player called a DirectStream Transport?

And why the need to go from the Album art page to the Transport button page on the touchscreen when >>| or |<< on the remote control? Just leave it on the Album art page I reckon is better…

I think the force load code is a blessing ! I found 3.09 dead easy to load, there wasn’t any need to go back to an earlier O/S - like I had to do with 3.06 & 3.07… So please keep doing it that way. I had to get the force load files for 3.06 because my DMP wouldn’t function without them - the 3.06 downloads gave me no end of bother…………

1 Like

How do I get song titles to appear on every disk? They only appear on two of my disks. I have an SD card in the DMP, which I believe is needed for the metadata. Is there anything else I’m missing here, in order to be able to view song titles?

It has the force loader set. Don’t leave it in the DMP. I use another SD card to collect my track list and cover art. I shut down and change them out after the load and initialize.

1 Like

I have found that i can toggle the screen being displayed on my DMP using the on button. When the cover art and text are displayed If I press on it will go back to the first screen. The one thing is that it will time out after about 5 seconds. I was wondering if Matt and Barry could work the code so that it would not time out and would require another press of the on button bring back the Cover art Screen. This is no big deal but i wanted to put the suggestion out there. Sometimes you want to see the track time and the cover art screen does not display that. Thank you for the read.

Ooooh - betcha it’s a DMP II…

1 Like

Pressing the on button on the remote has no affect on my DMP screen. Wonder why there’s a difference between two DMP’s running the same firmware?

Do you have cover art enabled?

Yes. Maybe I’m not understanding everything here. I don’t have an ethernet connection, so I don’t think I can get cover art, but from what I understand, my DMP should be able to display the song titles using metadata from the discs.
What’s weird is it works on two of my disc’s and none of the others.

For me, getting the metadata is extremely hit and miss (mostly miss). I’d say about one out of every four discs I get metadata. And with 3.09, as with 3.08, there’s also the issue of the DMP mixing the metadata of the prior disc played with the metadata of the current disc playing.

I have no ethernet connection and am not interested in getting cover art so that’s not an issue for me.

installed 3.09 and it went smoothly…still no album art although i only played 2 discs and I do notice a bit of a lag when i initiate advance from one track to the next…otherwise it seems to work although will have to put it through the paces…encouraging start

1 Like

I say if the metadata can’t be consistently displayed, maybe eliminate that feature all together. It could possibly improve the sound as well.

Brodric - Thanks for the feedback. I’m one of the software engineers working on the DMP and I was hoping you could clarify some of the issues you saw on 3.09.

For the long track names getting chopped off are you using track info over the internet/ sd card or is it just getting track info off the media?

Also, with repeat, I assume you have it set to Repeat All - but then you’re seeing it stop at the end of the disc. I’m just curious if that’s the only repeat mode issue you’ve seen.

Thanks!

Gary - Someone else already commented on this, but I’ve also found that many (I’d say most) CDs don’t have track info embedded on them. I don’t know of anyway to know ahead of time which discs would have this info and which don’t…