DMP 3.09 firmware released

That’s a new one. I’ve never seen the metadata get mixed together between old and new discs. Are you saying that when you put in a new disc the track select menu is showing tracks from the last CD? Or can you actually skip (next/ prev) to tracks that don’t exist on the new CD?

1 Like

I will second the suggestion that pressing the On button on the remote to toggle from the Cover Art screen to the Details screen not have a timeout and that you just Press On to toggle between the two screens. That should help the users who don’t care about the cover art.

I would also like to see the track time added to the cover art screen, as it looks like there is room for it.

BTW: I am still on 3.06 and the On button to see the Details screen for a few seconds works there as well. Nice addition. I am assuming that this “feature” was added at some point, so it would be nice if the newly instated release notes included new features as well as bug fixes.

Thanks for the info. That explains why title names are not being displayed on most discs.

You will not see the second screen if you do not have cover art enabled. I have all of my disks listed in my playlist even cd’s that I recorded from records I have applied cover art to them too. I can disconnect the ethernet connection once the playlist and cover art is all resident on the SD card. It does NOT compromise the sound to have the ethernet connected to the DMP. I have tested this thoroughly. I do not leave the display on when listening I use the dim feature. The Cover Art and track list, is a slick feature when it works properly. It seems to be much better with 3.09.

I do have cover art enabled. I guess what I’m missing is, and what I didn’t realize, is that one needs to create a play list on an SD card. Excuse the stupid question, but how does one do that?

1 Like

Fault has developed:

On a few CDs track 1. is seen to be playing, track counting down, etc. but there is no sound. I have to stop the disc go to track 2. and then I will hear sound – if I jump back to track 1. it will play fine. Always on the first track. This has occurred with 6 CDs - so far. All CDs played perfectly with all the other O/S … I haven’t experienced any problems with SACD. With 3.07 I had issues with SACDs whereas Redbook functioned perfectly…now they have swapped over !!

The repeat doesn’t display that it has cleared after a CD has reached the end … It still shows Repeat ALL but when the CD gets to the end it doesn’t repeat again… Basically the same scenario as 3.06…

1 Like

This example, internet/SD card…
DSC01538 DSC01539 DSC01540

And Repeat, this gets to the end of the last track and stops…

1 Like

Thanks for posting pictures, that really helps! We’ll take a look at those issues for the next release.

I agree re SQ. I guess I should let the software settle in a little (I’m told that IS a thing) but 3.09 vs 3.08 sounded a little bright in my set-up. I let it run a little and see tomorrow.

I never had much trouble with previous firmware, but I can say that in my system the sound quality is improved with DMP 3.09, and not by just a little.
So, thanks.

1 Like

After a listening session last night I’m convinced 3.06 sounds better than 3.09.

Say this once again, making it three times, and it will be true.

1 Like

DSOTM (SACD/DSD) + 3.09 = sonic :joy:

I never installed 3.06 because of issues handling data discs. I did install 3.08 and think that 3.09 sounds a little bit harsher. Maybe that’s just in my setup, maybe it will sound better after some run-in time.

FWIW Elk, Brodric made a reasonable observation. As I stated in previous posts, there were some versions of the software I liked better than other DMP owners and vice versa. After all changing the software is like swapping out the transport and any time you change a component you gain or lose some system synergies.

So far with 3.09…Still need to double tap the screen to open and close the disk tray. Also,when I engage the pause button and move to previous tracks or forward tracks the DMP comes out of pause and plays the track selected. Sound quality has improved…for me it sounds as if the window into the music has made a substantial uptick in clarity without any detrimental effects. Very nice!!! I will see if anything else comes up with more time in…

1 Like

I just had a disc playing where I selected track 4 and the time elapse bar on the bottom of the screen shows zeros and no time elapse curser moves across. Also the big number in the middle of the screen remained at 4 as the disc continued on from track to track.

Eventually I stopped the disc and upon restarting it everything was back to functioning normally again.

I had noticed the same thing happening with this same disc earlier in the day but hadn’t really paid attention to it at that time.

No argument. I am however amused by repetitive observations.

“Just the place for a Snark!” the Bellman cried,
As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
By a finger entwined in his hair.

“Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice
That alone should encourage the crew.
Just the place for a Snark! I have said it thrice:
What I tell you three times is true.”

1 Like

Mark. I’m not seeing this in my DMP with 3.09. I just tried it again from the front display shortly ago.

Still must be some variation on DMPs

Hi Paul,
Am I miss-understanding ‘force load’? I downloaded 3.09, wrote the files to an SD card, updated my DMP and as normal I immediately replaced the SD card with another one that has the up-to-date playlist. No code.
I had to hard re-start (rear panel power switch off/on) the DMP after it stalled when I was playing around. The reload of the software went okay without the F/w SD card in the slot.

Regards
Frank

Frank,

I believe what you experienced was the normal boot up of the DMP from a power recycle.

If the SD card with the 3.09 files was still installed, you would have gotten the flashing blue light every time the DMP was repowered. Normally an update is not setup to do this force load but this time it was.

1 Like