DMP 3.10 released

That should be common sense but today you know how that goes!

I am keeping the faith that this is it this time. :grin: I’ve got to think positive.

2 Likes

Come to think of it, I’ve always left the amp off during updates. This time I spaced it out, and discovered what happens if you do leave it on.

1 Like

two little things i have learned: 1. the “handshake” will not happen if there is less than a perfect connection for both ends of the HDMI cable. i mean that it has to be pushed in 100% on both ends. any looseness and the DSD will not see DSD input. 2. i have had issues with SACD’s with little pops and ticks and some occasional trash sounding like clipping. i have found that backing the DSD back to 96 or 97 seems to help. not sure why

I got it to play a Tom Petty “Mojo” blu-ray audio disc! Holy crap, this is a first!

DMP seems to be selling well. A dealer over on Audioaficiando just sold ten of them in less than a day (promotional pricing).

Nobody is insisting on perfection, just to deliver on all that was promised 2 years ago, and in the time since, will suffice.

2 Likes

This has been discussed in other posts. It maybe corrected in the next firmware coming this week. The volume thing. Oddly I leave mine at 100 and I don’t get the clicks often. Very rare.

1 Like

Paul said 3.10 was the last revision for 2018.

For the DMP yes. The DS DAC has snowmass coming

And in that lies the confusion. this thread was about the DMP 3.10 release. I have been Beta testing Snowmass so i am aware of that for sure.

1 Like

The discs that were causing this problem with previous versions for me no longer seem to do this. I think this is due to a change in the DS firmware (Snowmass).

Fast approaching 72 hours since loading 3.10 and all the CDs that wouldn’t play with 3.09 now play perfectly with 3.10. Not one single issue with 3.10. This is brilliant…

4 Likes

I wish I could say the same. Barry is sending me a file that will check the configuration of my Oppo drive in the DMP. If it is not set up correctly he may have to preship me a replacement. I hope it does not come to that. i just want the issues resolved

Not so good. Will it be a new replacement ? I am most surprised by the improvement running 3.10. My DMP hasn’t misbehaved once…!

2 Likes

I am happy for you. That would be my concern about it being a new replacement as i would not want to get one that someone else had problems with.

PS Audio have just announced DMP will be on sale until the end of November for $3999.

I’ve also heard that DMP will be discontinued soon (only 100 more to be built?) So if anybody wants one, now would be a good time to get one.

By misbehaved, you mean it simply plays a disc and does those basic things properly? As opposed to MyPS>Playlist and other minor issues, etc.

Mine is playing OK, and 3.10 sounds as good as 3.06 (which sounds better than 3.09).

But I do wish the MyPS>Playlist and album/song/artist titles worked more consistently.

1 Like

Replacement forth coming maybe?

Paul has said DMP replacement late next year (I think)…and it certainly will not play SACD.