DMP Firmware 1.94

No. Overtly agreeing, except for the bait and switch bit aspect. The intention was never to hide mine under the bed, that was an inconsequential consequence. The purpose was to just give it a rest until I could find it a new place to sleep. Which I did. DMP has no place here, it fell way short of meeting expectations.

how can you ignore the fact it is still advertised as a DVD player and not consider it a violation of your trust? or bank account…

I don’t ignore it. I take all their marketing with a big pinch of salt. They know the exuberance of their initial marketing sometimes doesn’t match subsequent reality. Marketing of some of their other products didn’t quite match reality as well. It’s been pointed out to them. It’s been suggested they update the website product information. It’s been suggested they update the owners manual. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

I have no axe to grind on this one. DMP ownership didn’t cost me anything.

1 Like

Iron…you’ve certainly placed a few irons in the fire this morning!:rage: How to make friends and influence people…

It’s not an easy task being a moderator https://www.linn.co.uk/forums

I am sure my good buddy - the redoubtable JeffofArabia will be along put you straight on the legalities, truths and falsehood of your claims… “Personally, I couldn’t give a toss”!.!

2 Likes

Have you requested that the retailer or PS Audio (directly) refund the purchase price on return of the dysfunctional products?

bought almost everything directly from PSA…

How did you manage to buy direct from PSA when you live in the UK ? I assume you reside in the UK going by an earlier post ? I thought UK distribution goes through Akam ?

i’m sorry if i did not indicate that i live in the USA…Potomac, MD. 20854

If a product you bought was misrepresented, or was not fit for purpose, or was not of merchantable quality, I would have thought you’d have a consumer remedy option available to you, even in the US.

i’m hoping i don’t have to hire my attorney…i consider this polite “notice” to PSA, though not formally through an attorney.

It shouldn’t need an attorney. First approach should be to the merchant directly. Failing resolution at that, then to the consumer protection authority advocate within your local jurisdiction. There would be a buyers remorse procedure applicable in the US, I’m sure.

My DMP does play DVD.
I burn high resolution files to DVD-r and the DMP plays them just fine.

1 Like

I do the same with DVD. The DMP plays hi rez PCM and DOP (DSD) burned to dvd’s without issue.

Good grief. How did this get so off course? What false statements?

This is a real head scratcher.

1 Like

For the life of me I don’t get all this hate on the DMP. I love mine and marvel everyday at the beautiful music it produces from everything I feed it. At this point in time mine unit is behaving very well. I have no use for playing Bluray so that is a non issue for me. I do enjoy HRX disks, CD’s, SACD’s , recorded DVD hi-rez and DOP files. Everyone that hears my system comes away stunned at how listenable it is. The more PS Audio pieces I add to my system the better it gets. I do know some have had some horror stories to deal with but thankfully my experience has been the polar opposite. If you don’t like the DMP than don’t own one.

1 Like

Anyone recall the character of the neighbor, Mr. Frankland from the Hound of the Baskervilles? Especially as portrayed in the Basil Rathbone movie version ; ). This stuff is fun for some.

No, but wasn’t that a great series? My son and I used to love watching that.
I’m going to have to find it to see Mr Frankland.

Oh, @iRon… I am not sure if you had one to many Cappuccinos this morning or what, but I would much rather you vent here than do something crazy like beat your dog. I want to be polite here and believe me when I tell you that I will give it a genuine effort. ‘

First off, you really need to do your homework, or better yet solicit advice from somebody well-versed in consumer law BEFORE you officially memorialize your very own version of potentially false/misleading claims. I say “potentially” because you really have not proven intent here and I doubt you ever will. You have your speculations, but not only will those not progress your cause, they very well could make you civilly culpable if deemed slanderous. I know what I would be doing right now if I was @Paul but that is a decision process for which I am uninvolved.

You reference UCC (Universal Commercial Code) as one of the governing bodies of consumer laws here in the U.S. This clearly illustrates why you should not be publicly posting about this subject matter. The UCC is comprised of harmonizing legal guidelines meant to be adopted as consumer law by each individual state, voluntarily, as a means to create uniformity amongst all states with respect to consumer law. They are not law, and they cannot be used a the basis of enforcement. Do you even know what State(s) to take up such matter and what set of laws you to research in order to improve your understanding? You might want to get started soon because you have a LONG way to go. I will give you a little nugget in hopes to expedite this process for you. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with UCC and FTC. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Seriously though, I would be very careful with what you publicly document in this forum as it very well could lead to civil liability in which YOU could suffer punitive damage. You still seem to struggle with some of the basics, such as what it means to satisfy the elements of “proof.” You may have an argument for imprudent business practices based on Blu-Ray (maybe DVD too) being in the product description of the DMP. Fraud? You aren’t even close.

Just looked him up. :sunglasses:

I am totally flummoxed with all this. How did we get from the DMP having flaws that were mostly rectified in software updates to fraud? Maybe I haven’t had enough coffee this morning.

Or, conversely, too much.