DMP not outputtig DSD

My DMT is not reading the DSD layer on SACD’s after updating the FW this morning. So instead of playing DSD it is playing 88.2/24 PCM data. After the latest update this morning the player read the DSD layer and reported that the data was DSD, however just a little while ago it would only report 88.2/24 again. My DMT in operating on the following FW & etc:

ID=099227, boot loader=1.13, FW=1.94, FPGA=1.94, WEB=1.06, Engine=24-0507

FYI, I rebooted the unit and tried the same SACD’s that worked this morning and they still read as 88.2/24 PCM.

Thanks

I had the same problem, it was a unit ID problem. If you call or email customer service odds are they can correct this by inputing an ID while the DMP is connected to the internet. Easy fix. . . .

Also check under the DMP’s setup menu that you have Stereo SACD set as the SACD mode. Mutil-channel will cause the 88.2 display.

Additionally, consider rebooting the DS DAC and reseating the HDMI cable. Verify that the DS DAC input is set to the DMP - if it isn’t the DMP will not play DSD.

I am having the same problem. Setting are ok, tried rebooting and reconnecting hdmi. Pls send a fix ASAP

If you have tried the above suggestions, you will need to call PS Audio so they can take care of you.

thanks elk

I switched hdmi cables, and, lo, dsd reappeared!

Yippy!

Good thinking to try swapping cables.

Solomon, did DSD ever work with the cable you replaced?

Solomon, what cable were you using? I seem to recall other folks reporting issues with HDMI cables, but no specifics. Would be good to know if there is a pattern forming.

What are you playing to? A DS? A junior? A Stellar? If it a Stellar you need version 2.02 of DMP code not 1.94.

Dennis

Thanks for all the responses. Everything is fine now after I replaced the cable.The old one was a cheap one I had around. It worked previously but then stopped outputting DSD. But now I’m good!

We needed multiple assurances that everything was truly well. :slight_smile:

Solomon said Thanks for all the responses. Everything is fine now after I replaced the cable.The old one was a cheap one I had around. It worked previously but then stopped outputting DSD. But now I'm good!
It'd be interesting to see if you were to put the old cable back in the system if it would work again. Long ago I had to do daily battle with a large and stubborn scanner that used a SCSI connection. Periodically, the scanner would refuse to talk with the attached computer. Often the only course of action that worked was to completely remove the SCSI cable, shake it (the cable) vigorously, and reinsert the cable in the system. The shaking bit may only have helped me feel better, but physically removing the cable for a period of time and then reattaching it definitely made the scanner and the computer talk again.

I used to say that it let the SCSI demons out.

Perhaps the DMP has its own host of HDMI demons that need to be freed now and then.