DMP Update Code - Post your impressions here

No need for clarification: I knew this already because you had concerns regarding your DS whilst burning in…

1 Like

Strangeness is not only restricted to DMP. If you’ve been reading the DSSr/DSJr topics there is a wide variety of strangeness in that fleet also.

Yes - I have been following the threads. When it comes to computer type problems it’s a mine field… I remember back in the early days of home computers, I actually launched my PC stack out of a velux window in the roof space in our then house… Frustration boiled up and led to meltdown… Felt wonderful at the time of ripping it out - broken cables and all but, when my senses returned, it cost me money for a new computer and to get the guttering repaired… Ted must be saintly !!

1 Like

Right. The power plant fleet also has some strangeness, but not anywhere near the extent of the DMP/DSSr/DSJr. There’s probably a correlation between the amount of computing/software going on in these things and the degree of strangeness experienced. Also, sick power plants are usually (or seem to be) hardware related, whereas the DMP/DSSr/DSJr seem to be more hardware robust.

I have clipping noise with track 1 on SACD with the new 3.06 and have gone back to the 2.06. The clipping stopped with the 2.06. Surprisingly the track can be selected from the remote number with this 2.06 where as the firmware that came with the DMP did not. CD sounds way much better than the cd tidal bridge II.

Still amazing music and extremely enjoyable with the 2.06 and redcloud.

The only bug I’ve found is that sometimes when playing an sacd, the display reads “PCM”, sometimes “DSD”. When it displays PCM, it also shows sacd in the upper left corner.
Is this a display issue or a functional issue?

Hmm!!
DMP version 3.06 has 122 downloads.
v.2.06 has 652.
v.2.08 has 501.

Seems some owners are not aware of the update or they don’t care…:astonished:
Makes me wonder… if one does not read the forums… how else would any new PSA firmware release ever get noticed?

I’m hearing the same thing, more hiss. I was already unhappy with the noise floor running the dac jr directly into the BHK 250 amp, but now it’s even more pronounced. What dac are you using? I was considering returning the jr. and upgrading to the Sr., so hopefully this isn’t affecting that unit as well.

I’m using the DS Sr.

Or perhaps like me they are still waiting to commit. I’ve already posted the question of when is the next update expected to fix many bugs still remaining ? I haven’t seen an answer yet.
I’ve found that in general the DMP works okay so I’d rather wait for more clean up than keep on running updates.
S/w is the Achilles heel of PS Audio fine products.

1 Like

I have not downloaded 3.06 because the lack of the remote numeric keyboard is a non starter for me. I’m happy to wait until that is up again._

But the “remote numeric keyboard” works in 3.06.

Same here, remote numeric keyboard works fine in 3.06.

Works just fine

As I recall, Paul said the other day that the updates will be monthly from here on.

I guess I missed that, thanks for pointing it out. I’ll download and give it a whirl…

2 Likes

I don’t have any SACDs so can’t speak for that but for Redbook I prefer 2.08. In my system it images much better. That version is also “blacker” than 3.06. Maybe that’s a gain thing but didn’t think so.

Fascinating. My experience is exactly the opposite. Perhaps a bad load to your DMP?

3.06 imaging is stunning on mine.

Strange,I perferd 2.06 over 2.08. The latter sounded as if a blanket were thrown over my speakers. 3.06 sounds great compared to 2.08 or 2.06. The music has more detail,air,and pace. Just goes to show how much system synergy plays a huge part in it all…

1 Like

System synergy and the great panoply of personal preferences.

1 Like