DMP Upgrade 3.13 released

It’s a combination of Barry and Tom who quietly slave away at reducing the number of spaghetti noodles and chip away at making it better and better.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’ll pass the kudos on to Tom and Barry who continue to chip away at polishing this guy up. It’s getting quite the fine machine now, what it should always have been but….

We’re making sure everyone has a good experience and will continue to polish as needed.

3 Likes

Dirk,
This is the release of the Beta code that I have been testing and logging for Barry. It is much better in my DMP. It has been great with the SACD/ PCM issue. Is it perrfect? No. I just sent Barry a log on an issue I came across then loadind Bruce Springsteens 'Tunnel of Love ’ CD.
I press track 7 it desides to play track 1. I press track 7 and it does play 7 but while displaying the track title of 1 and no progress bar. It sounds good to me too.

Six,
Thanks for the info. I am playing ‘Tunnel Of Love - CD’ as I type this - just to check it out. Playing perfectly with 3.10! I haven’t played said CD for a while, but this is the best I have heard it; running 3.10 & Snowmass…V1.

1 Like

3.13 sounds great, just like 3.10, but is better and quicker with presenting covers and titles. REM with automatic for the people never shows up with a cover. But with 3.13 it appeared. 3.10 was and is a good one but 3.13 another step forward. Thanks to the spaghetti boys and sixpack for reporting and logging issues which is very important. I now use Snowmass V2 and bridge 2 - 3.6.17. And let the music flow…

Ronald

1 Like

Andy, to my ears some updates do sound different… DMP 3.10 was a definite step down in sound quality for me compared to 3.09.

Yes, I thought the same. But not enough to not do the upgrade.

I never tried comparing them until recently, as that can get to be too much comparing, but having done it, I agree - they can be different.

1 Like

I loaded it last night with no issues. I can’t comment on a difference in sound quality because I only played new SACD’s. However, everything sounded great FWIW.

Before updating to 3.13 last night, I listened intently to a few cuts, and then made the switch. I definitely heard a difference in sound, but it was a mixed bag as far as which sounded better, so I let things run in last night. This morning after dong some more listening, I was left with the same impression, some things definitely sound better, while others don’t. With 3.10 things sounded a little more open and transparent, along with slightly better micro and macro dynamics. 3.13 seemed to have better image focus and definition, and sounded a little smoother overall, along with more weight in the bottom end. It does seem some run time is needed after updating firmwares, before they settle in. So I’ll reevaluate at a later date.

One thing worth mentioning, as others have realized, you can drive yourself crazy making these kind of comparisons, which in this case aren’t huge. Both firmwares sound great. It’s only under close scrutiny that one may be able to hear any differences.

3 Likes

Right. The problem is you go into it hoping it will be BOTH better-sounding and better-functioning. That way lies madness ; )

2 Likes

For me, and what I’m using the DMP for, just spinning CD’s and SACD’s, no cover art, or internet connection, both 3.10 and 3.13 seem to be glitch free.

1 Like

Give it time. CS advises 100 hrs. Mine sounded a tad bright last night. Running PAD system break in CD since then and will listen again tonight. 3.10 was superb in mine so will see. But can’t gice the two a back/back comparison as settling time required.

Does anyone know if you plug a USB drive into the DMP, if you’re able to put it on repeat?

Yes, repeat works with a USB drive.
That is how I burn things in, no wear on the disc drive.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks.

Well I am very thankful for the work that Barry and Tom are on task with. I will be willing to take on most updates that may come up within my schedule. This is just one of the reasons that PS audio has my loyalty. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join this audiophiliac family developing and enjoying hi tech equipment at a price that is within reach. It just keeps getting amazingly better…What a ride.

Thank you for being so cooperative. It makes our job so much more enjoyable.

Dirk,
did you try inserting the Tunnel of Love CD and direct selecting track 7 from the remote to see if it will play it or play track 1. If it does play track 1 press 7 again on the remote and see what happens. Thanks
John

Is it possible that the pure audio setting is no longer enabled by default in this release?