DS MK2 via USB

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

I will not use the mini for much other than Bacch processing and Roon endpoint thus just paying Edgar to supply it an optimize so I don’t have to and he loads all the Chesky demos on it. . Keep Roon core on Linux since SGC handles those updates for major Roon roll outs. Many times too much processor is detrimental. If Grimm Mu-1 and its i3 is benchmark. I guess there’s always chance he may try sell us on multiple channel versus 2 since he is working on it. The absolute sound talked of that. I think two channel is as far as I would go since I have few multichannel disks and those are done well with True HD McIntosh processor I have.

2 Likes

Bagged a Cardas Clear USB cable… I will report in but it will take a few weeks!

1 Like

I’m actually in the middle of getting rid of my quite good multi channel setup—speakers, preamp, amp, SACD, and DAC. In the last few years there improvements to my 2-ch is such that I really don’t get the benefit of multi-ch.

Only problem is that I have a hundred or so purely multi channel albums in my library; those really don’t sound that good when Roon converts to 2-ch. Shame

Transparent USB cable directly from my Nucleus. Sounds amazing.

1 Like

Most of my 2channel is integrated with multichannel. That I feel lucky be able to enjoy same cables, amps, P20. I even disassembled my Blu-ray. DVD player and added 3m absorber and sent cast off HDMI audiophile cables to it

Yeah same with me. But then I disconnected my multi channel a few years ago to concentrate on just 2-ch and now I’m kinda like why bother with all this extra equipment and cost?

Just sold me Tannoy Stirling centerb yesterday. Now I’m committed. No way back with no speaker!

1 Like

Pray tell…

Sorry, didn’t understand. You want details of what I’m getting rid of and you want to buy them? :grinning:

Yes; and maybe.

:wink:

I got rid of my center channel, surround speakers, surround processor, multichannel amps years ago when I got rid of my big ceiling projector (remember those?).

Now I use a B&W Formation soundbar and bass for a Oled 65", and my wife said it was the best thing I did for her. :grin:

A post was split to a new topic: What I am getting rid of . .

The sound is simply incredible using my Farad powered Matrix to I2S on the MK2 with YouTube!! My former MK1 has never sounded this good on YouTube, ever!!

3 Likes

Makes sense.

Mine was only for music. No TV our projector in my system.

Me too! Music system and HT are in separate rooms. Lately we spent a lot more time listening to music than watching TV.

1 Like

With my MKI/BridgeII gone and a MKII on the way, I’m looking into feeding it USB from my mac pro, about 40 feet away in another room.

I just ordered a 50’ optical USB cable, but it ends in USB type A female.
Any suggestion for a very short (can be a few inches) USB A to B cable to go from the optical into the MKII, that’s not too expensive?

Have you considered a connector?

Wireworld has numerous cables at different price points in shorter lengths.

And you can up from there. This is $20 for .6 meters.