Exploration - Creative soundscapes

This one might create some joy:
Tool, Fear Inoculum, Chocolate Chip Trip.

It’s on my reference list for drum recordings: it is a great piece to evaluate sound staging on systems (of course you need to be familiar with its sound on a reference system first). If not setup perfectly you can easily spot “holes” from left to center to right. And you’ll learn a lot about bass response, too. Best served loud.

4 Likes

Primoridal on Gaiah Code will make the structure flex with the bass! Wow.

1 Like

Interesting piece. My sound stage left reaches a few feet further than right as the drums are panning L/R throughout the song.

1 Like

“Transfixed” on the album Resonant Being. Tests the solidity of your bass and the precision of your soundstage. When done right, it feels like you are propelling down a tunnel, and the room is gone. Hope at least one person confirms this, or I might need to seek help. Enjoy…

5 Likes

This whole album is a treat. Thanks for sharing.

This is a crazy track with crazy dynamics and very palpable drums…great!

1 Like

1 Like

I love this thread!

Here another one…

1 Like

The production values on a good many of her songs are top-notch. The album The Well is a prime example of a bunch but there a number of her albums like that.

I still remember her from many, many moons ago as a kinda nerdy songstress sitting on a tripod (chair maybe?) on the Smothers Brothers television show melting my heart with her vocals. Sigh.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s on Tidal as well

1 Like

A classic, great record by Rypdal…try „Mystery man“.

Not as extreme as some others here but has an interesting soundscape and especially nice music.

2 Likes

He and the Chasers have some wild cool tunes!

2 Likes

Certainly not new but a good one.

2 Likes

This is not the kind of spacious setup, but one of the most holographic sounding recordings I experienced. Crazy.

Only a few tracks are my taste of music…so start with track 4 and 6.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I just recently discovered him, it’s also not my typical kind of music, but the sound of it is fascinating. Check this out, and track one of that recording.

Yes, I have his 2-3 best Fone recordings on digital and vinyl…great! There are 2-3 other Fone recordings of other artists I mentioned in one of my other threads which are quite the best sounding LP‘s around and great music, too.

1 Like

4 Likes

So in response to @vee 's post above I found this on Qobuz. Not sure what to call it, music or something else but holy smoke! Sounds that have never come out of my system before, subsonics, stereo effects, and a soundstage (especially on track 3) that went outside the room and down the street somewhere. I have to say, it isn’t going to be my regular kind of stuff but I really did get a kick out of it and what my system was able to put out. I felt at times like my listening chair needed a HANS device and 5 points!

6 Likes

Bubble is a wonderful track from his “Wandering” album, a personal favorite of @aangen

1 Like