Exploration - Creative soundscapes

This one might create some joy:
Tool, Fear Inoculum, Chocolate Chip Trip.

It’s on my reference list for drum recordings: it is a great piece to evaluate sound staging on systems (of course you need to be familiar with its sound on a reference system first). If not setup perfectly you can easily spot “holes” from left to center to right. And you’ll learn a lot about bass response, too. Best served loud.

4 Likes

Primoridal on Gaiah Code will make the structure flex with the bass! Wow.

1 Like

Interesting piece. My sound stage left reaches a few feet further than right as the drums are panning L/R throughout the song.

1 Like

“Transfixed” on the album Resonant Being. Tests the solidity of your bass and the precision of your soundstage. When done right, it feels like you are propelling down a tunnel, and the room is gone. Hope at least one person confirms this, or I might need to seek help. Enjoy…

3 Likes

This whole album is a treat. Thanks for sharing.

This is a crazy track with crazy dynamics and very palpable drums…great!

1 Like

1 Like

I love this thread!

Here another one…

1 Like

The production values on a good many of her songs are top-notch. The album The Well is a prime example of a bunch but there a number of her albums like that.

I still remember her from many, many moons ago as a kinda nerdy songstress sitting on a tripod (chair maybe?) on the Smothers Brothers television show melting my heart with her vocals. Sigh.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s on Tidal as well

1 Like

A classic, great record by Rypdal…try „Mystery man“.

Not as extreme as some others here but has an interesting soundscape and especially nice music.

2 Likes

He and the Chasers have some wild cool tunes!

2 Likes

Certainly not new but a good one.

1 Like