How about concert photos?

It was a superb concert, a sort of 50th Anniversary gig, as she first performed at Wigmore in 1971. It was broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 and on Wigmore Live, can be streamed from Wigmore and BBC Sounds (if you have access).

She was also presented with the Wigmore Medal from the Duke of Kent. Her speech was mostly about the Mozart sonatas, which I listened to this afternoon. She explained she recorded them because at the time everyone was doing Schubert and it was a toss-up (literally) between Schubert and Mozart, Mozart won, even though - as she said - the early ones aren’t very good. So she played them at Wigmore and recorded them, and then Amadeus came out and Mozart was all the rage and she was in demand.

In those days I remember going to hear her play the Mozart concertos with Jeffrey Tate and the English Chamber Orchestra at St Johns Smith Square and the Festival Hall. Then, the main competition in London was Brendel and Perahia, similar repertoire, although Perahia also played the Romantics. Her more recent Schubert recordings are a tour de force, but to hear all the Impromptus was great. I favour the first set for their almost unremitting gloom.

I found the concert on Youtube and it was quite well recorded. It was indeed a memorable performance. I also favored the first set.

early period Goths!

I didn’t realise they put so many up on YouTube. The piano trio also from 1827 was a great performance, I enjoyed it tremendously. Isserlis is the best and Mishka Rushdie Momen is rapidly making a name for herself.

Hot Tuna last night. Capitol Theatre, Clearwater, FL.

6 Likes

A play about Bach, Simon Russell Beale putting in a good turn.

2 Likes

It’s called the Bridge Theatre because there’s a bridge outside.

2 Likes

The Ol’ Honky Tonk Tuesday Band
with Brett Hughes and Friends
Backside 405
Burlington, Vermont
Saturday, July 17, 2021

2 Likes

A small club in New Jersey. Packed to the back of the rectangular venue. About 6 months before he died and was in frail health – had the be literally carried in by two of his bandmates. My friends and I were close to the stage, maybe 15’ or so and as a result they were very, very loud. To the point that it was difficult to hear him sing. All in all, however, a very memorable evening the one and only time I ever saw him play.

photo_2

5 Likes

Tedeschi-Trucks - Fireside Live
Shelburne Museum
Shelburne, Vermont
July 23, 2021

5 Likes

King Crimson in Clearwater FL to kick off their tour this past Thursday. Amazing show.

9 Likes

Brandi Carlile at Forest Hills Stadium (Queens, NYC) last night. Great show. Everybody, including Brandi and the crowd, was delighted to be able to have concerts like this again.

6 Likes

Satchmo Fest - Opening night

2 Likes

Smoking hot (in every way) version of St. James Infirmary.

2 Likes

Must have some kind of blue filter on. Oh well, Glen David Andrews in a small bar on Frenchman. The man can sing and work a crowd.

4 Likes

Rigoletto in Bregenz/Austria open air today. Gorgeous production and stage setting, a really nice evening!

6 Likes

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing. That’s stunning.

That’s an interesting take, if not a little spooky. Looks like nice weather as well. Looks like a full house.

We have a new production of Rigoletto opening the Autumn season at Covent Garden on 13 September (with Lisette Oropesa, who brought the house down as Lucia when she was last here). When I booked it looked like we are back to full seating, which is good news.

1 Like

Leon Bridges before the release of his first LP released in 2015.

1 Like

1 Like