I2S cable advice

I don’t but magister or one of the other members who changed the screws should know or just take one of the screws with you to Ace and let them match it up.

Do I2S cables plug in all the way?

I notice that whatever I plug an HDMI cable into to that the connector remains out about 1/8 of an inch.

Sounds like you might have the mk2 screw head interference issue to cable connector too! My homemade i2s shorting plugs have that problem. They can be easily loosened.

M3‐0.5 X 6mm

2 Likes

I think that the Tubulus revision is not just about the screws, it also changes pin19 that was causing the DAC to show a red light instead of green.

I agree but would have them make the Mk 2 pinout change without the cosmetic change. Screw change is easy and keeps the look of the cable standard in case of need to re-sell.

Screw change is easy.
Can I assume that no internal access is required, just replace the screw externally?

Yes, it’s external. Just be gentle when you put in the replacement screws.

1 Like

Just got the WW Platinum HDMI upgraded from the Starlight 7, definitely better more forward at first but better detail and decay overall an improvement I feel, at a cost. I always feel silver is a better conductor for analog signals but I did not think it would have an effect on ones and zeros :wink:

1 Like

Silver truly is the most conductive metal there is. I’m just glad it’s not gold. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Look forward to your thoughts once the WW HDMI is broken in.

1 Like

That is a damn fine cable. I always liked mine!

1 Like

I have tested WW Silver Sphere 48 HDMI between AirlLens and DS DAC MKII, but found the sound a bit enclosed. Perhaps Platinium is more open and transparent since it is pure silver?

2 Likes

WWPS7, “Platinum” is a significant step up, IME.

1 Like

What is the proven best i2s cable for under $23?

1 Like

I smell popcorn.

3 Likes

Well, you’re the expert!

Monoprice???

@weedeewop I just ordered a WW Platinum from my local dealer in Norway :+1:

2 Likes

Not at that level.

3 Likes