iPad and iPhone IOS7 App TESTING

S’arright… :slight_smile: No real offense meant or taken. I was just making my position clear. There are things that Apple and the iPad do very well, but Apple is FAR from perfect and so are their products.

Google is also far from perfect as well, but I still prefer an Android based tablet to an iOS based tablet. That gap is narrowing though as Google is well on its way to becoming as much Big Brother as Apple is, just in different ways. Google apps are demanding more and more access to one’s personal information stored in the tablet. That is: information that many of the apps have absolutely no need to access in order to perform their core functions. :open_mouth:

J.P.

this is interesting, after closing all apps on iPhone a powering it off / on i started to see my TV along the renderers.

then after power off of the PWD it started to appear in list of renderers.

this is quite unusual, before when i had troubles it was enough to close elyric app, turn on/of the airplane mode and eventually reboot the bridge only.

however i’m happy at the end it works :slight_smile:

The fixes involved getting the menu back for the iPhone 5 on IOS7, which this absolutely does. It works perfectly on my iPad and iPhone. Like many Apps it may not be backwards compatible. We’re just patching this up as best we can without a developer.

As far as crashing, nothing has changed that would make that better or worse.

Try rebooting the mobile device and the Bridge. That can help.

wingsounds13 said:
. . . I still prefer an Android based tablet to an iOS based tablet. That gap is narrowing though as Google is well on its way to becoming as much Big Brother as Apple is, just in different ways.

I appreciate this is an aside, but an interesting point. I had not made this connection previously. I am afraid you are correct however.

@bung99 Sorry it isn’t working any better for you. I test them as well as Dennis and Dave. On our setup it works fine. It is so terribly difficult because we can’t replicate everyone’s experience and they all seem to vary. There’s little to no consistency in the user experience.

The problems you are experiencing were probably there before the IOS7 change, but I can’t be sure. All we fixed was the missing menu on the iPhone running IOS7, something I did not catch in the first place and that was my fault.

Just installed on my iPad 1 with catastrophic result: Now the App. can only be viewed vertically - but the Screen is a horizontal one with the lower third black and the right third not visible, including all necessary buttons for setup and selections missing.

I was only using it for selecting native x anyway as with my 50 000 or so titels on Ripnas server it has not been running stable for some updates now, but now it does’n work for me at all any more.

How can I get back to the older version?

(On the other hand, the new PWD firmware update is a sensation: still better sounding than before! (And pardon my English, please.))

iPhone 4 it looks ok but is NFG on ipad 3.

Sorry Charlie, but Apple does not allow return to older versions unfortunately. Can you upgrade to IOS7?

For iPad one there is only 5.1.1 on offer afaik.

It works with me on my ipad and on my iphone 5 but I do not understand why it need 20 minutes to find the perfect wave renderer!

It is a pity that such a great hardware (PS audio) are now working with bad software.

I must admit that yesterday i visit my audio dealer to see the Linn DS. it seems that they had solved their software problems

I was getting worried but back to normal, the App stopped working on my iPhone 4s running IOS7. Tried rebooting the world and PWD is still grey out so back to Player8. Bryston BDP2 is looking better and better … how many more days till Christmas?

It’s not working for me either - the PWD isn’t detected and the screen has blocks of white missing everywhere.

If you haven’t synced your iPad to your computer for a while you may have an older version (2.0.9) that works still available. That’s how I have been able to go back to a “working” version.

@Paul - there are ways apps can be pushed out for beta test to a broader audience. Perhaps you could talk to your developer to organise this before another update is pushed out to the public?

@Paul - I know this has been suggested before, but could you please look at putting the PWD settings on the Bridge configuration page (Input, Sample Rate, Filter, Phase)? This will end our reliance on the eLyric app and save us all some angst.

Guys, don’t forget to reset your cable/telco modems when rebooting. It helps fix the elyric connection to PWD.

I know not why.

No, its not fixed. Every single time I try to select my NAS from the server list eLyric bombs on the iPad. eLyric needs more work and at least for me this issue goes beyond the definition of a “bug”. She wont work if she bombs on launch! Only Apple app I’ve ever seen do this. May want to hire a legitimate programmer to rebuild. Sorry guys.

@mivarpet

Yes, give up on eLyric (sorry, PSA is not a software company). Put the filters and SRC on the firmware. You would have a platform independent system (just need the PWD IP address) with server software written by people dedicated to writing server software (jRiver, foobar, …).

By the way, the latest eLyric works fine on my home network for allowing SRC and filter selections. Finds my PWD every time.

This eLyric controller update works ok with iOS 6.1.3. This is what I’m using. Lets not forget that the iOS update was Apple’s f*ck up, not PS Audio’s.

@mivarpet Sure, but how is that going to help?

This eLyric controller update works ok with iOS 6.1.3. This is what I'm using. Lets not forget that the iOS update was Apple's f*ck up, not PS Audio's.

Partially true, but we are stuck now since Apple wont let you revert back to previous versions. Stupid, but that's just the way it is with them. Luckily, I realized this issue before I updated my iPhone. I wont touch it until I'm convinced this thing is really fixed for good. eLyric is just much more pleasant to use on an iPad. They will eventually make it happen.

After update elyric the app crashed after selcting twonky!!

The same issue as in 2011!

After setting the “Art navigator” to 0" on you’re idevice ( elyric settings) you can select twonky