iPad IOS7 breaks eLyric App?

I changed from Linn to PS audio streamer!

This was a big mistake!

Now i realize how good the support from Linn was related to psaudio.

The linn works with songbook and kinsky using ios7 on ipad!

The pwd not!

I’m willing to pay for a ipad app but there is no working app available!

PSaudio let you standing in the cold!

Please let me know if i’m wrong!

JRiver needs a pc and is in my case not a option.

@adimon

"JRiver needs a pc and is in my case not a option. " I agree!

But the PWD works with Kinsky on iOS7 and how you can get eLyric App to work with iOS7 I wrote in my post from September 23.

Hi Helmut,

I’m not able to select a song after starting e lyric.

No source is selected.

Using Kinsky:

Playlist is lost after ipad comes out of standby.

This is not the case using the Linn!!??

I also changed from Linn to PS audio streamer!

Shame on PS Audio not to support and update eLyric anymore since this App is still on the commercial pages of the site. Also there are no real other Apps for iPad users.

PS Audio do not let us standing in the cold!

Please let me know if i’m wrong!

Hi Helmut,

Thx for your advice.

I had to copy one music file to the Ipad which i can select after starting e lyric.

After that i can set the app in landscape mode !

Is elyric developed by the same person as who did the plugplayer app?

Elk said: I am impressed that Windows fans are not making snide comments,

Windows fans ignore McProblems :D

@svena8 This app was written by the author of Plug Player and he owns the rights to the source code. This leaves us in a bit of a pickle if he does not fix it for us. We’re trying to work with him right now and not leave anyone in the cold. If we cannot fix it soon I will pull it from the app store.

OK, I have good and bad news. The good news is I have gotten access to the source code for the eLyric app. The bad news is we don’t have a talented app programmer to fix the app.

Before I go out and try and find someone to hire to get this fixed, anyone in the community know of a good, reliable app programmer?

Do not remove it from the app store.

What is the alternative?

Can we download the source code somewhere?

I can’t believe there would talk about ditching the eLyric app! Yes it’s broke on the iPad, but that’s how I dial up my music for the PWD. Sounds like Paul is going to get this fixed as he should. It would be a mistake to take this functionality away since the device was originally sold with this feature. If there was another iPad app that worked, fine, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Therefore, eLyric must be fixed one way or another.

Is it possible to make the code OpenSource?

I really think, it is rediculous to read so much about this seriously iOS 7 bug, so I haven’t read all of it. We (users) are pleased to have the eMC, so why just not fix it very soon and release it to the App Store? I develop few applications, as our customers need. If there are problems with the App, then our finest task is to fix and release it! You can’t be dependent of one person, so forget about Howard and be innovative!

Thanks guys. We’re not giving up on the app. Since I now have access to the source code we will hire someone to fix it, upgrade it and move on. Plus, having access to the source code also allows us to perhaps make some improvements to it as well.

We’ve contacted a few developers we know and we’ll get moving on it. Not going to happen overnight.

Can’t go open source because while we have access to it Howard still owns it, it’s his property that we pay a fee every time we sell one. Can’t put it up for download either.

Thank you Paul!! Your efforts are much appreciated. Maybe put a big bold note on the eLyric page in the App Store saying “iOS 6 or lower only” until a fix is available.

Thank you Paul!! Your efforts are much appreciated.

Ditto! Thanks for standing behind it, Paul.

Great news Paul!!

Thx

Thanks for looking into this Paul. I so far have no need for iOS7… But use eLyric daily.

T

We have the source code in hand and the first thing we’ll do is compile it with the IOS 7 compiler to see if that helps. It’s not all that broken, so perhaps we can have a quick fix.

I was reading somewhere that IOS7 had some other issues (e.g.: problems with some apps ability to display in landscape mode)… It is for this reason I have not yet loaded the update - even though I no longer use eLyric. Has anyone experienced other issues with IOS7 besides what has been noted regarding eLyric…?